FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lonely ,depressed

Leads
Community Member
Hi, I live in Queensland, in one of the most boring of cities, but beautiful at the same time. I am a 42 year old female living on their own. I have many issues as to why Im not moving forward properly in life and have many regrets that have lead me to be more depressed today. I am tired of trying and hate the hot weather here. I am over it. Sick of being lonely and on my own.
10 Replies 10

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Leads

I'm feeling lonely today too. Not a nice feeling is it? I'm also in my 40's but live on the west coast. Is there anything that you want to talk about? I'm happy to listen. I spent 6 months in QLD - you're right, it is beautiful 🙂

Katy

missep123
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Leads,

It's very nice to meet you! I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through a tough time though.

I have never been to Queensland but I do want to go - you are right it does look beautiful!

Same as Katy - I'm happy to listen and have a chat!

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Leads (with a wave to Katy)~

Regrets are sometimes from decisions and actions we have taken, other times they are due to others or circumstances. It can be hard at times to know if you made a decision you now regret if in fact it was right or wrong. Rights ones can hurt as much as wrong -sometimes more.

I do not know your circumstances other than you are a 42 year old female by herself in hot weather. You have my sympathies about the weather, as a policeman I had to wear a suit and tie no matter what, it was highly unpleasant and now I've moved to a (relatively) cool state -a good move (sorry for the pun)

Regrets can inspire action, being by yourself can you take steps to start new friendships and social life? I remarried to my wife in middle age and we are still in love 20+ years later.

I'm only guessing and there is not much point to that -more likely to annoy if I keep trying. If you would like to say a little more that might help both of us and Katy (plus her robust hamster- sorry Katy).

It does not matter if it was the law, children, relationships, employment or physical injury - or anything, you can talk with us here as little or as much as you might like and we will have understanding and not judge. Instead we would try to help, there is a lot of experience here in the Forum

I hope to hear from you again

Croix

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hi Leads, welcome.

I'm very sorry that you're so lonely, I am too. I think others will relate to you also. We're here for you. I know it's not the same as people in person, but sometimes it's better having people online to talk and relate to.

missep123
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Leads!

As you can see that a whole bunch of us are very interested in you and your story!

You are definitely not alone here 🙂

Looney Tunes53x
Community Member
Hello there 🙃. I understand what you’re saying about regrets and issues in life. How wonderful it’d be to rewind the clock for some things eh? But we can’t and none of us is perfect so I guess this is how we learn (from our mistakes, and others’). Hope the weather has cooled down a bit for you, and I hope you find some nice friends in here . 🙃

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Leads I to live in Qld and am lonely I live in a small country town which is very beautiful at the moment sorounded by sunflowers.I use to live in the city and miss some of the conveniences of that.It does get very hot here and am looking forward to winter a d can sit in front of the fire.
Take care,
Mark.

Rishie
Community Member
Hi Leads. I think most of us have stuff from our past that we are dealing with, some of us have worse stuff than others, but there are bound to be people here who can relate closely to what you are dealing with.
I live in a small town too, and I love it here. I would hate to be back in the city again, I only go to visit family and that's every few years or so. I hate hot weather too, though it isn't so bad where I'm at. I find that hot weather tends to make me feel worse, because I have no energy to do things so I have more time to think.
I hope you can find some things that you enjoy doing, I play the piano and sing and I love to read, these are good distractions.

Frogsong
Community Member
Hi Leeds,
You are, l am and many others on here are lonely, so please don't think you are on your own.
I'm 60 and still have trouble, since being on here and talking to so many lovely people it's really helping.
I'm pushing myself everyday to go out and do something, and am trying atm to find a group or volunteer position l can do.
Take care