FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Just trying to survive

Ariel875
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new and I don't know how this works but I'm definitely having hard times. Feeling lonely, depressed and fear for useless things. I'm trying to figure out me and trying to get away from all this mess but I don't know-how.

2 Replies 2

Aweekes
Community Member
Hi Ariel875,
I won't tell you bull crap like I have the answer to your problem,I can't fix the dark void around you but I can be a good listener and I may be a small help. I'm a 38 yr old mum of four, I was a heroin addict at the age of 14, I have battled chronic depression, anxiety and addiction. I know how black it can seem but I have found the light that keeps me from self annihilation. If you need to talk your not alone

White_Rose
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear Ariel

Welcome to the forum. So brave of you to reach out for help and support. This is a good place to talk as you are quite anonymous here. I don't have all the answers for you but I do have my experiences which help me understand what is going on for you.

It's a tough job trying to fix ourselves. It can be done but there are easier ways. You will still need to put in the effort but having someone beside you is fantastic. Can you tell us a little more about yourself? I know you are lonely and depressed and I most certainly know how that feels. My partner and me separated 19 years ago and I fell into the darkest depression, so much so I was seeing my psychiatrist twice a week.

Do you have any professional help from a psychologist/psychiatrist/counsellor? You sound in need of someone who can help you through this time. The best way to get some help is to see your GP and tell him/her your story. You can talk about the most suitable option for you.

How do you feel about medication? I was so scared of taking an antidepressant for all sorts of reasons, none of which make sense nearly 20 years down the track. This may be something your GP will suggest.

Please tell us what is happening for you. I will be looking for your posts to keep in touch.

Mary