FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Just call me iNKi

IAM_INKI
Community Member

Hello everyone! My name is Inki. My new here and this is my very first time to write/post/intereact to others via forum. I'm still unsure on what to say, really. But please bear with me and be kind 😚. The reason why I'm here is that I'm seeking for an organisation where I can offer my help as a volunteer. Gladly, I found this site - Beyond Blue. I'm being diagnosed with Severe Depression and Anxiety. About few years ago, I experienced a horrible bullying and injury at work. This happened a year after a lost my granddad, my life's strongest pillar. I also lost few friends since then because a lot of them just didn't seem to understand my struggles back then. I think they just saw me as someone who was omce a cheerful, confident and loving woman that turned into a a different kind of person. That's what they thought, sadly. But actually, I didn't change really. I was just a person whose wounded and in such pain (physically and mentally). Only few stayed for me. Most of them turned their backs on me. I even felt hurt but after a while I realised that I shouldn't be. Because through that experience, I was able to open my eyes and knew who were the genuine ones and who weren't. I should say, it was indeed a blessing of disguise. It was a tough year/s, I may say. It was incomparable and honestly I wouldn't even wish for any one to experience what happened to me. I was even on meds. Human as I am, I got vulnerable. I cried, cried and cried. But hey, maybe I'm a still a strong person though because I'm proud to say that I got big improvements from the previous years and I'm proud of it. It wasn't east, still, not easy but everyday I'm doing my very best to regain my old self. Old self that I'm also aiming to improve and be the best version of me. Baby steps. I'm getting there, slowly but surely. 😘

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Hey iNKi,

Welcome to the Forums. We're so sorry to hear you've experienced bullying and an injury at work, and so soon after you lost your grandad. We think sharing your story here is a really great move. 

It's great to hear that you're interested in volunteering. If you'd like to know more about volunteering on the Forums with our Community Champions program, here's a really good place to start: Introducing... the Community Champions. You could also reach out to our team if you have any questions or would like to register your interest. 

Thank you for sharing your story here, it's such a powerful thing to do, and we're really glad you found our Forums. We're sure we'll hear from some of the community once people start to spot your post. 

Kind regards, 

Sophie M

Lauren_87
Community Member

Hi Inki,

Welcome to the forum! I'm new here as well and hoping to offer my help as a volunteer, too! I'm sure I will see you around the forum 🙂

I'm so sorry to hear about all the things you are going through. Bullying at work is never ok. I'm sorry about your Granddad, it is so tough losing someone you are so close to. I have found it is something you never get over, I guess you learn over time how to deal with it better. I lost my Mum several years ago and it is still very painful. I'm sorry your friends weren't understanding, it can make you feel so isolated. I'm glad you are taking baby steps and regaining your old self, it won't be easy but glad you are getting there. Here if you need to chat. Lauren

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your post. I am glad you could share your insights with others.

rubytiger
Community Member

Hey iNKi

I have also been diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety.. Also losing people in the process which is really awful and it hurts. Just me letting you know i feel the same way.

It's really great that your trying your best and that your proud of yourself, keep going. You can do it!