FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Jobel

Jobel
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I’m new here. I’m not feeling so good so I’ve been awake since 4 am and I thought I’d look around and see what help was available for myself as I haven’t really been given any information by doctors or hospital.

This page came up.

J

5 Replies 5

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jobel,

Welcome to the community here. Sorry to read you are not feeling so good at present. From your words it sounds like you may have recently been in hospital and under the care of Doctors.

It can be a little daunting to feel like you need to cope on your own but have no idea what to do next. Does this feel a bit like what you are experiencing right now?

I hope you can contact your Dr  and receive advice on where to from here. I find it helpful to use phone support services like Life Line and Beyond Blue. 

If you feel comfortable, you might like to share more about what you are currently struggling with so people here can be more supportive.

Keep reaching out until you receive the help and support you need. Everyone has the right to be acknowledged and assisted. 

Once again, I welcome you to the community here, regards form Dools

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi jobel,

i am sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time at the moment. thank you for joining the forums, you have come to a safe space.

doolhof gave some good suggestions, like lifeline or beyond blues own hotline. if you visit the main beyond blue website, they also have some good resources you can have a look at.

if you are a young person aged 12-25, another good place to start is  headspace.

i hope this helps and please try to stay strong,

jaz xx

Wagtail84
Community Member

hi Jobel and welcome! 
I’ve come here for similar reasons, things not feeling so good and looking for somewhere that I might find people who know what I feel too. Perhaps gain some insight or support. 
I think this is a great place to start and I hope your week has gotten better and someone has met you partway with your concerns out there in the world x 

Richju
Community Member

Hi Jobel,

I can imagine how difficult it must be for you. Insomnia, when it becomes impossible to control our negative thoughts, is one of the loneliest states we can experience, especially when it appears you are newly out of hospital.  

I understand how you feel and can remember experiencing this after my divorce, when I'd constantly think about the things I did wrong, then all the things he did wrong. In the morning, I would feel as if I hadn't slept at all.

Are you able to ask your doctor for a short course of sleeping tablets? This might help to regulate your sleeping pattern. A warm shower before bed may be helpful too. 

Whilst on the course of tablets, you might like to introduce some relaxation or meditation techniques to help with falling asleep or to use when waking in the night. Progressive muscle relaxation (PMR) can be found on the Internet and may be of help.

I do hope that some of this might be helpful to you, Jobel. Perhaps if I knew a bit more of your story, I could be of more support.

Warmest regards,

Richju

Guest_1282
Community Member

Hey Jobel I think trying meditations, breathing is good but if thats too much- jump onto a chat service. Lifeline Ive been hard done by personally, but anyway whatever works for you in terms of that- give it a go. But yeah meditations good one