FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

iPad Unfriendly

Struggler
Community Member

Hi BB

I only use iPad and find this site very iPad unfriendly.  For example, I cannot login or when I am in, I get logged out frequently. Then when I log back in, I forget where I was.  This happens too often to my liking.   I just give up, go away and do something else. 

Any chance of improvement in this area in the future?  Btw, you're providing a great service to us all and thank you :=)

Struggler

5 Replies 5

HelenM
Community Member

Struggler, usually I use a net book we have. But we have an ipad. I can't use it to post.  I don't know why, it just won't let me. I have no patience with anything computerish anyway so I sympathise.  Helen x

Struggler
Community Member

Hi Helen

Thanks for the comment.

I have a laptop bought in 2007 running on XP!  For security reason I'd rather not go on internet with this laptop.   I am too much of a cheapskate to buy a new one.  I was given an iPad mini free which I put in my handbag when I go out, like a mobile phone, so convenient.  

I think BB depend on funding as to what features of the site to upgrade.  Anyway, BB is wonderful regardless.

struggler

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Struggler and Helen,

Yes, unfortunately the site wasn't originally built to work well on mobiles or tablets and the experience isn't great. I know this is frustrating. 

We do have an upgrade in the works, though, so the site will display better on iPads and phones, hopefully this should be up and running by the end of the year. 

Hi Christopher

Thanks for the info and something to look forward to.

At the moment, the page numbers are displayed at the bottom of the page.  So Upon entering a thread, I have to scroll all the way down in order to click the last page to access the latest post.  

Is it possible to move the page numbers to the to the top of the thread?  This way There is no need for a long travel to access recent post.  I am asking a lot, don't I :=)

Struggler

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

No worries, I'll check with the team and see how easy that is to do. There are certain elements of the site we can move around ourselves, and others that are wired into the design so can be trickier to fix.