FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Introduction

Claudia_H
Community Member

Hi everyone, my name is Claudia and I am 21 years old. I’ve been experiencing clinical anxiety and depression since my parents separated in 2015. I spoke to psychologists for 4 continuous years and haven’t felt the need to see psychologists anymore. However, now I’m being exposed to new family and relationship problems that are triggering me- I feel like I am relapsing in a sense. My depression isn’t something that effects me all the time and more when something has happened. I’m more effected my anxiety.

I’ve joined today to find people who have experienced similar family and relationship problems to me.

I am really happy that there is a forum, I’m excited to explore this avenue. Until, I gain the courage to call and speak with someone from Beyond Blue.

For now what I am feeling is very fresh and I have been a crying mess for a couple of days. So I can’t speak about it yet without crying. I’ll gain the courage to soon but I also feel like connecting with people who may be experiencing similar things will be beneficial in the mean time🙂

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Claudia H, 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your story with us here. We are sorry to hear of your struggles with clinical anxiety and depression. We understand how overwhelming and difficult it must be for you right now, so please know that you never have to go through this alone, and support is always here for you.

If you would like to talk to someone, the Beyond Blue Support Service is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals.

If you feel it may be helpful, you are always welcome to get in touch with Kids Help Line. They are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under.

We hope that you will find some comfort here on the forums. Please feel free to keep reaching out here on your thread whenever you feel up to it.

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Claudia,

So good to have you here.

My parents separated when I was 9. At that moment I had no understanding at all what's depression and what's anxiety. I just felt my life fell apart and I lost happiness forever.

When I grew up, when I have enough courage to look back, I found that the impact of this experience on me is not all negative. Yes I have developed sense of insecure, low self-esteem, have difficulty to control my emotions, easy to get frustrated. But I always have motivation to work harder to strive for a better life, and have motivation to be kind to the others and to contribute. I cherish the relationship with my lover, family, and friends very much. This unfortunate experience has shaped me, and turned the direction of my life, it is far from perfection but I still enjoy my life.

It's completely OK if you don't have courage to make big steps, then start with little steps. You will walk out your own way, and there're many of us here on the forum would love to be your listener and peer.

Warmly,
Mark