FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Introduction

Damaged000
Community Member
Hi I’m new obviously! I’ve suffered all my life with mental health and I’m still struggling after a relationship breakdown with a narcissistic partner 5 years ago
6 Replies 6

Sophie_M
Hi Damaged000

Welcome to the forums and thank you for being a member of this open, kind and helpful community.

We are sorry to hear that you have suffered with your mental health over the years and currently experiencing difficulties in your relationship.  We know that it can be incredibly difficult to share our story, so we want to say thank you for showing such courage in posting and sharing that experience - you never know who will read this post and feel less alone on their own journey.

We are here 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via our webchat.  Our team who answer the phones are ready to have a supportive and non-judgmental chat whenever you need it. In terms of your relationship, you might also find the following organisations helpful to reach out to also; I have put the links below:

Relationships Australia Click Here

If you would welcome other perspective, there is also 1800 RESPECT Click Here

Thank you again for joining us here and for starting this conversation. Please feel free to come back and update us on how you are feeling, if you are comfortable.

Kind regards,

Sophie M

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Damaged000,

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums,

I am sorry that you’re struggling with the after effects of having a narcissistic partner....I can relate to your struggling so much.... as I lived with one for 38 years...after he passed away...was when my mental health deteriorated...I think living with my late husband I didn’t have time for me...he was very controlling and abusive, mentally, physically and emotionally....I am still after 9 years struggling with what I went through and how I allowed it to happen....

I am so pleased that you had the courage to leave your partner...I was to afraid to...

Can I ask you, if you have reached out to your Dr...if not is it something that you will consider.?..

Here Dear Damaged000, if you feel to talk some more..no pressure at all....we are all here to try to support you the best we can.....

I think you are very brave for leaving an abusive partner...you’re a survivor Damaged000....and an inspiration to others who are reading here..

My kind thoughts with my care dear Damaged..

Grandy..

missep123
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Damaged000,

A very warm welcome to the forums. I hope that you will find comfort here as I know there will be many who will relate to what you are going through/have been going through.

We are definitely here for you.

You mentioned struggling after a relationship breakdown with a narcissistic partner 5 years ago, I can't even imagine how challenging that must have been to be in a relationship with someone like that. Do you have a good support system around you currently?

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you have been through it. Good thing is, we all have in some way or another and we are more than happy to offer a listening ear. Do you want to talk about it?

I hope you are feeling okay,

jaz xx

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Damaged000,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry. As you have mental health challenge for such a long period, have you tried to look for professional supports, including seeing GP, psychologist or other professionals? If you feel comfortable, please share more details of your story. We're ready to listen and give our advice.

Mark

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Damaged, if you are still checking on your comment, we'd really like to hear back from you whenever that's possible.

Best wishes.

Geoff.