FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Introducing myself

SarahBluee
Community Member

Hey everyone, I have just registered to volunteer as a lived experienced person within Beyond Blue and I just wanted to come on here and introduce myself. In the past, I have primarily struggled with social anxiety, depression, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts. It was a long journey but I have finally gotten better at managing these feelings and actions. I still struggle every now and then but I am proud of my progression πŸ™‚ I wanted to volunteer as a lived experienced person to help in the development of mental health services, policies and programs πŸ™‚ thankyou 

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hey SarahBluee,

Welcome to the Forums and a huge THANK YOU for registering to volunteer with Beyond Blue! You no doubt have a wealth of experience and wisdom to offer others. It is such a lovely and courageous thing to do and you should absolutely feel proud of your progress πŸ™‚

We hope that this can be a safe and welcoming space to support others and gain some support in return, too.

Kind regards,

Sophie M

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi SarahBluee!

Welcome to the forum! We're delighted to have you join us and share your lived experience. It's truly valuable, and I'm certain it will greatly benefit many of us here.

I was genuinely touched when you expressed your pride in your progression. It's important to recognise that our journey to recovery isn't linear, but every step forward, no matter how small, is truly worth celebrating.

Meanwhile, if you ever need any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Supporting one another is at the heart of this community.

Warmly,
Mark