FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Introducing myself :)

a_buzz
Community Member

Hi all,

My name is Ash, I'm 27 years old and this is my first post. I've just recently decided to join up to Beyond Blue because I have felt like I've needed a way to unload all of the stress, depression, anxiety and thoughts that have been building up. I'm not much of a person who talks about his feelings or emotions as I tend to bottle it all up until it's too much and I just have a breakdown. I'm hoping that becoming apart of the Beyond Blue I can somewhat release the tensions that I have but also open myself more and just talk to people about what's going on and figure out a solution to how I can better myself and help others.

9 Replies 9

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear a_buzz,

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums…

We are very pleased that you have joined our wonderful community for some help and support…

You’ve certainly come to the right place to unload and release some tension…I find writing out my thoughts and how it’s effecting me does help…Bottling up all your emotions and depressive, anxious thoughts can be such a struggle to sort through….Can I ask you if you’ve spoken to your Dr about how your feeling?…only answer if you feel to..,no pressure at all Ash..

We are all here for you, to help you as best we can….

My kindest thoughts Dear Ash, with my care..

Grandy..

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ash, it's lovely to meet you. I'm SB. I extend a warm welcome to you to our forums, echoing Grandy's. 

I can understand your frustrations here - bottling up your feelings can lead to an accumulation of more uncomfortable feelings over time. Is there anything specifically that you'd like to chat about, or just stress, anxiety, and depression in general?

If you'd like to try it, sometimes journalling can be really good for expressing built-up emotion. Whether it's writing out something we'd love to say to somebody but could never, or if we need to vent about a situation that's causing us anguish, or even if we'd like to get out a secret that we've never said aloud. Journalling can be super therapeutic. That's another thing that's great about the forums, posting can sometimes be akin to an online journal, except one where others can interact and respond. 

Would love to hear more from you, if you'd be comfortable sharing your story with us.

SB 🙂

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

I guess one of the things about this space that is good is that you are largely anonymous and the people here are non-judgmental and supportive. Because we have an lived or living experience this can make it easier to understand where you are coming from. 

Perhaps if I could ask one question... what steps have you taken so far?  Have you spoken with a GP? Do you get professional help? 

And please forgive all the questions... Curiosity! 

The only thing I can say for certain is that each of our experiences and stories are unique. But we can still walk with you on that journey virtually. 

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Ash, warm welcome to the forums. 

You've taken a great step joining up here. I hope you find this a safe space to blurt anything and everything out, find some validation and the best of all..... healing. 

It's also great that you've already realised that perhaps bottling things up until they're at boiling over point could be managed differently? 
It's so common for us all to take on too much and then feel overwhelmed and bubble over. 

Being kind to yourself is very important! 
This includes self care and from there we also learn about boundaries. BIG topics if we're not used to employing these strategies. 

Anyhow welcome again and look forward to getting to know you around the forums Ash
Love EM

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Ash, to unload your problems isn't as simple as it may appear to be, because you're not sure what to say or where to start, so begin as small as you want, then when you feel more comfortable it's easier to talk, just take your time.

Geoff.

Life Member.

a_buzz
Community Member

Hi Grandy,

Apologies for the late response to your comment. I have spoken with a counsellor which did help, but it’s always those lingering thoughts that stick with you and never go away. But I’m doing alright as of late, just taking each day as it comes ☺️

a_buzz
Community Member

Hi SB, apologies for the late response to your comment. I think my main things to talk and get out are most of my anxiety, depression and stress as of late. I’ve been getting through each day as it comes ☺️

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Taking things one day at a time is all we/you can do. 

It also sounds you have been proactive in talking with a counsellor. I don't know how many sessions etc, or how you found these ... in my experience I found change to take a (long) time. Not to say this would apply to you and your situation. I guess what I am trying to say, is that setbacks can occur and that is not a reflection on you. Hope that helps?

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ash,

Glad to hear that you're taking each day as it comes. That's a great way of doing it. Progress doesn't have to be huge to be meaningful, and the journey of healing is almost never linear.

SB