FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

im new here

Guest_6457
Community Member
hi i am new i haveno friends since 2011 my only friend in ten years ghosted me overnight nice to meet you thats why im suicidal
4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Dear Iwanttodie 3070,

We’re so grateful to have you reach out to our community this morning and are so sorry to hear how you are feeling. Times like this can definitely get overwhelming . We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you. 

Our Support Service is trying to reach out to you via email as we're worried about you. 
We hope you know that there is always help available to you, whether it's from our professional mental health counsellors Beyond Blue (available 24/7/365 on 1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).
Keep checking back in with us whenever you feel up to it. 

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Iwanttodie, and a warm welcome to the forums.

It's so disappointing that the only person you believed you were friends with, decides to ghost you and it can be quite annoying because there would be many times when you have supported them in either having to make a decision or once they have been able to support them, and now not have the decency to let you know why they have suddenly done this.

People tend to change over time, although we may not recognise it, but their circumstances may change beyond any knowledge that we know of, or they could be having problems and for once not let you know for fear of embarrassment, something that's never happened before or perhaps they have posted on a social site which they don't normally do without being able to talk with you.

You have made friends here and only if you want you may want to tell us about 2011 so we can help you further.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Wonderwhy
Community Member

Hi all

im new here but kind of not as I’ve been listening fir ages.
Im mid 50s no friends and just exisiting. I’ve joined a Bootcamp and that’s great but it’s 15 girls and me(lucky!) however I’m married and lonely with no make friends .
im doing very well financially and have great kids but I ha e nothing outside that and don’t know how to meet friends - I’ve tried but no one really likes me ; perhaps I’m not likeable .

amywsy I’m not an axe murderer and perhaps I’m boring

I do t know where to to fi

im just tired it’s been too long alone

Guest_6457
Community Member
i mean i was already obviously and he knew and then this happened