FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I need someone to talk

Sky_light
Community Member

Hi

I am new, just joined today. Feeling very helpless.

10 Replies 10

Sophie_M
Hi Sky light,

Welcome to our friendly online community, we are so glad you decided to join us here. We know it can be hard to write the first post, so thank you for having the courage. We are sorry to hear that you are feeling helpless. We understand this must be very overwhelming for you. Please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space to talk things through and our community is here to offer as much support, advice and conversation as you need.

If you would like to talk to someone we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals.

We also strongly urge that in overwhelming moments you get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

Please feel free to keep reaching out here on your thread whenever you feel up to it.

Robbyd
Community Member

Me too,on both counts..Its a crap feeling,helpless,but it could be good to know that others feel the same.It is for me.What to do though?I think you are brave for admitting feeling that way.

LJpd81
Community Member
Hi and welcome. Everyone is very nice here and supportive. You have definitely come to the right place. I am new too and have found people to be supportive. Big hugs

Abbz98
Community Member
Just feeling so much anxiety and feel like i need someone to talk to.can't sleep which is making me more anxious. Feel alone.

Hey Abbz98,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for support and we are so glad you did so. We are so sorry to hear that you have been feeling anxious. You are in a safe, non-judgemental space here where you can talk about how you're feeling. Please know that you never have to go through this alone, and support is always here for you.

If you would like to talk to someone we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals.

We also strongly urge that in overwhelming moments you get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

Please feel free to keep reaching out here, whenever you feel up to it.

John2502
Community Member

Hi Sky, I feel so alone.
40 years old dealing with depression and anxiety + social phobia.

be strong😊

LJpd81
Community Member
hope everyone here is ok

Strydz
Community Member
Can't hurt to pick up the phone & let your thoughts/feelings out - 1300 22 4636, they are great at solving any issues

John

welcome to the forum.
you may want to start your own thread.

There are many threads about depression and anxiety.