FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm new

Ann13e
Community Member

Hi all

I'm new to this. I have been suffering from depression for many years. This year I now have anxiety and panic attacks. My fiance of 10 years broke up with me on New Years day, I then was bullied at work so left the job which was his family business, I now have a part time job which I hate. I have pressure from my elderly mum who I care for not to work and care for her. I am so confused and don't know what to do. I am alone. I am on medication.

2 Replies 2

_bethy94
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Ann13e,

So sorry to hear of what is currently troubling you. The break up would have had a significant impact on you emotionally, and understandably so. Is there any chance of a reconciliation with your fiancé or is it completely over? Have you heard from this person at all since? Or have your tried to contact them?

Are there any new jobs in your field that you could apply for? Perhaps seek the advice of an employment agency who can link you into new opportunities 🙂 All you will need to do is book in a time, bring along an updated resume/CV and they'll do the research for you - especially if you're feeling mentally exhausted. Depression can do that.

Some practical tips. Please keep me updated if you wish, I'd love to help you along. x

Rabbit33
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Ann13e,

Thank you for reaching out. Seems like you've got a lot on your plate at the moment and needing some TLC.

Are you seeing a psychologist or GP in support of your Depression & Anxiety?
Have you even considered some sort of therapy with a psychologist? CBT can be really helpful. If this interests you, you'd need to speak with your GP first to get on a mental health plan and a referral.

It may also be worth searching for groups, activities within your local community that may interest you and giving one or two of them a try and seeing if you enjoy them?
We tend to forget to look after ourselves first. It's a common error, but we need to take care of our selves as the first priority and then look after others, including our loved ones.

Do you have a strong support network/group? Maybe try reaching out to someone you trust and having a chat or catch up. Planning some small goals to set out and achieve can also work wonders for us. The sense of accomplishment can really lift our moods. Or have you looked into 'self-help' books? They too can be quite liberating.

I hope you're feeling okay; And please feel free to comment back.

Sending you strength and positive vibes! 🙂