FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I feel like I am the only one

Fate_4
Community Member

Hi,
This is my first time posting here. I always wanted to ask for help and today I made it till here.

I am sure I have problems a lot of problems. I worry about everything. I try to do good to everyone and I expect the same. I am really worried about my future. I am looking for a new job. Everything is so hard.

I sometimes feel like I can do so much better. I am really motivated as well. I am always waiting for opportunities carrying out my normal life.
Then there will always be something that will bring me back to overthinking and being sad again I can’t help it. I feel lost. I don’t like doing anything. I am not lazy aswell but I keep things for tomorrow. I feel like I am the only one until I saw so many people posting here.

I overthink a lot. I am planning to help from professionals as well. Suddenly, I felt like posting here is useless, I get demotivated very fast. I am not social as well. this might be the first time I ever posted anything outside some random photos on Facebook or Instagram. I lack patience. Nowadays my hands start shaking as well. Please help me, I am lost. I never have suicidal thought. My mom died of it and I am always against it as I understand how hard it will be for the one who are left behind or maybe I will be the one going behind.

I would like to request something, please don’t give me advice on seeking a doctor. I will do it 100% next week. I am even very confused if I should post this or not.

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Hi Fate_4, 

Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you join us on the forum.  We recognise that life can be difficult at times and the future can seem worrisome at times.  In dark times motivation can be hard to come by and sometimes we just don't want to anything.  This is understandable as a racing mind can take up a lot of energy.  Of course, we acknowledge that getting things done can also be a sense of achievement and offer excitement in one's life.

It's so great that you are seeking support from professionals and we recognise that it can be courageous and take a lot of build up to ask for help.  If ever you need immediate support and your regular professionals are not available, you are always welcome to get in touch with Kids Helpline. They are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under.  

Another option is to get in touch with Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals where your GP has not been able to support you.

You are not alone and we are happy you have decided to post today.  Please continue to return to the forum, the community is here to support you.

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hi Fate_4, welcome.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way and your mother passed away from the same reasons.

We can support you here and we're here for you.

Take care.

Fate_4
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please help me with this ? Whenever I try to do something I eventually always get lost.

I don’t know how to start anything new. I don’t have the motivation to start anything. I am feeling really low right now as well.

I tried talking with Beyond Blue service. I was told to start with good sleep, exercise. I have so many problems and I don’t know why I am in denial of everything. I don’t know how I can start. I am worried about my career and I don’t understand how I can get a good sleep or spend my time on gym without applying for a job.
i feel so restless. I am just writing down whatever comes in my mind. I just can’t keep everything to myself

Hi Fate_4,

It can be very difficult to start new things while at a low point. Of course, sleep and exercise are definitely helpful, however they may not be the solution all the time. I'm curious if you are trying to do too much when you are motivated, especially as you may go through periods of putting things off.  If this is the case it might be beneficial to work through with your future professionals in relation to breaking down your tasks into small, doable ones, so over time you can see progress and they are not overwhelming in the moment. This is very hard to work out over the forum without doing some sort of assessment with you or working through you progress periodically.  

Working with a regular professional who can work with you through your goals may be a helpful step to take, which it sounds like you are in the process of doing.  If you don't have a psychologist or professional that is helpful from the start, we would suggest to keep looking for a professional who is a good fit.  Rapport can be a major factor of progress. Hopefully this is helpful information for you.