FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I don’t know how to put my right foot in front of the left foot..

Abby_Bug
Community Member
I’m lost and feeling alone, I just don’t know how or what to feel or if I even what to feel. I know it’s me, it’s what is inside my head. It makes me cry for no reason, I’m sad for no reason. I just want it all to go away, not to stop but to just go away.
5 Replies 5

Sophie_M
Welcome Abby Bug,

We're glad that you decided to reach out here tonight - it's not always easy to open up about how you're feeling for the first time. We're so sorry to hear that you're feeling so sad at the moment. It sounds like you're having a really hard time. Please know that you're not alone in this. 

Can we ask if you are currently accessing any mental health support? If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals.

Please feel free to tell us more about what's going on for you at the moment - hopefully a few of our members will be by to welcome you over the next few days.

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Abby Bug,

Welcome to the community here. It can be really tough when we feel lost and alone and like we don't really know what we should be doing or what comes next.

Some days I am bewildered as to how I need to proceed for the day.

A psychologist suggested I use a daily plan and schedule activities for the day. If I can see on paper the possibilities, it makes it easier for me to follow through.

I also remind myself there may be reasons I can't achieve everything on my schedule and that is okay as well.

Having little goals and plans may help.

There are lots of sections to this site you might like to explore. That may help a little with the feelings of loneliness.

Can you think of ways you can be with people in your environment? Even if it is going tot he shops and saying HI tot he check out person and smiling at people you pass on the street. Little moments like that can help with a sense of connection.

My suggestions might not be what you are looking for. I hope you can find some ways to make small positive changes to your day.

I really wish I had suggestions that would help you. Loneliness and feeling lost can be horrible. Kind thoughts to you.

Guest_206
Community Member
Hi Abby Bug, sorry to hear about the pain and sadness you're feeling, and that you're struggling to put one foot in front of the other. I feel that too, and it's so so hard.
You're not alone

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Abby bug

Welcome to the forum,

You have been given supportive suggestions from other posters.

I wonder if you feel different now after you wrote your first post.

some days just leaving my house used to be big deal, so I would walk around the garden and another day I would walk up street and smile at anyone I saw, Andrew then next I would say hello. Little things but I felt pleased I had made the effort

SisterG
Community Member

Hi Abby Bug,

I also feel the same at times. You are not alone. I have just joined this community too and can see all of the support and kindness offered by everyone. I hope you have gained a little hope and joy from the replies you have received so far.

Sending lots of love.

SisterG