FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How do I know if I have an actual Mental Health Disorder?

forgetmenot1
Community Member
I'm new here. Regularly told I'm evil, horrible, mental by others. Told my reactions aren't normal. Too many feelings. Told my comprehension & concentration are off. Told I need to get help. How do I know if I'm not just cursed with a bad personality or there is something deeper going on?
2 Replies 2

SleepingisWhenImHappy
Community Member

Forgetmenot1 , Hi 👋, I’m new too , First of all can I say your name is of a plant that has a very beautiful flower 🌸. Reading your post the first question I would be interested in knowing is anyone there that is telling you that you are evil and horrible,I wonder why they are in your life , I am dyslexic so my writing used to be way work but doesn’t make me thick at all. As for been cursed that’s just dark stuff I don’t even entertain.
All I can suggest for you is very simply really. Either fill in a questionnaire here that will tell you if your suffering from depression or perhaps something else, talk to your doctor or ring someone from the help line here on this site . If we go around believing what others tell us we can be short changing our selves in life. when I was dyslexic and bullied I believed I was dumb because I was bullied and told so , unfortunately it wasn’t till my 30s I understood ( dispite Mum/Dad saying ur in fact very intelligent ) Which I had listened to them sooner.
Maybe something is a miss with you, however no one should be cruel about it, it’s mental health like a broken arm just that you don’t see a cast on in . Make a phone call , and don’t tell anyone about call till your had a talk with someone who knows what they are saying.

I don’t think your personality is bad or cursed, I think your around some unkind people

good luck 😉🙏❤️ Wishing you the best , and hope you come back with update

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi forgetmenot

Welcome to the bb forum and thank you for sharing your story.

I don’t know who is telling you these things or why, but just because others say such things doesn’t necessarily make them true. For example, evil is a very very strong word and I don’t know that it would truly apply to many people.

That said, if you are concerned about the feedback you are receiving and genuinely want to learn more about yourself because you think it would help you, I would suggest you start by talking with your GP.

I would book a double appointment, so you have time to discuss not only the feedback but how you are feeling about the situation and the state of your mental health.

Your GP will then prepare a Mental Health Care Plan and guide you to the right mental health practitioner to help you determine what’s really going on, if anything.

Post any time if you want to talk some more.

Kind thoughts to you