FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi

Feeling_flat
Community Member

Hi I’m new here, just feeling really flat

struggling to find work since covid first hit

I was also in a bad car accident and I now can’t handle being a passenger and I’m not big on driving so I don’t really go anywhere.

I stress out about everything, I can’t sleep properly

6 Replies 6

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Feeling flat,

Welcome to the forums, it's nice to meet you. Though, I'm really sad to hear you've been struggling. It sounds like there's quite a few pressures on you at the moment and it's really affecting your sleep and mental health.

In my own experience, feeling flat is often a sign that I'm overwhelmed and stressed by things that I can't emotionally deal with on my own. So even though talking to people doesn't solve the problem, it often helps
me emotionally manage the stress, so I can be in a better state to actually deal with the underlying issues.

Do you have anyone to support you? Friends or family, or even a doctor? It'd be lovely to hear back from you when you feel comfortable. We're want to make sure you're okay, but because we can only speak online, it'd be great to hear what support you have in your life already.

James

Abitworried
Community Member

Hi Feeling flat

Good on you for reaching out.
I’m on here because I’ve let myself get too worried about stuff.
Try and establish a good routine for going to bed at a sensible time.
In the last week or so I’ve gone back to no technology in bed and read a book for a couple of pages or chapters.
Moving the furniture in the rooms I was spending too much time helped me years ago with depression.
little things can make a good difference.

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey abitworried,

Nice to meet you on the forums also!

getting a good sleep routine is a fantastic idea 🙂 often it really is small and seemingly insignificant things that can make a huge difference

James

wail
Community Member
hello how many langusge you speak

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello wail,

It's nice to meet you here. I speak English and a bit of Cantonese. May I ask what piqued your interest in asking?

James

HappyHelper88
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi im new here too
You are not alone, there is so much going on in the world to feel flat about and so many Australians are covid impacted due to lack of work. It is so hard and can be such a financial stress. The thing Covid has taught me if budgeting and how to stretch a Dollar thats for sure, and thank god for Centrelink payments to help us get by.

Im so sorry to hear about your situation you have a lot going on which can take its toll without the right support. When im overwhelmed and stressed i find talking about things and getting it off my chest gives me some relief, even without any advice just talking definitely makes me feel better.
The most important thing to remember is that your not alone and their is so much support out their for anyone who needs it 🙂