FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi, New here

Jade_R
Community Member

Hi everyone, I have just recently signed up to be a part of beyond blue and just wanted to come on here and introduce myself. In the past i have struggled with social anxiety and severe stress from academic commitments. I have been doing much better recently however i thought it would also be helpful to read about other peoples experiences and thought i would be able to offer my experience with others who are experiencing the same issues and maybe provide some tips i used to help get me through. Thanks 🙂

5 Replies 5

Sophie_M
Hi Jade_R!  Welcome to the forums, and thank you for sharing so openly, that’s a really brave and proactive thing to do. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really difficult time with a lot going on. It’s so great to hear that you are doing much better now. Our awesome community members will be able to relate to some of the things you mention here and may be able to share some of the wisdoms that have helped them. We’re sure they’ll spot your thread and share their perspectives here soon. In the meantime, here’s some things you might like to look at. Even though you're feeling better now, it might still be of interest:   We hope you know that the Beyond Blue line is here for you on 1300 22 4636 (or on webchat).  Thanks again for sharing, we hope you can get some great support here 🙂 Kind regards,  Sophie M 

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Jade_R,

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for offering help. Your experience of overcoming a tough period is definitely valuable for many of us here. Meanwhile, if you need some of our suggestions, do not hesitate to let us know. It's so good to have you here.

Mark

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Jade,

Welcome to the forums - it's lovely to have you here! I am glad you are doing better now, anxiety and academic stress is never fun! I have been there.

I look forward to hearing about all the tips and knowledge you have to share!

Jaz xx

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jade, thanks for being part of BB and hope not only can we help you but also you can be of assistance to many others.

Geoff.

Life Member.

Catto23
Community Member

Hi Jade_R, I have also struggled with social anxiety and severe stress from academic commitments when I was studying, I wonder if you have gotten more information since you joined. (I am new still figuring out how the forums work) but for me (study stress) was related to not knowing what I wanted (if I wanted to do the degree) and largely problems in my personal life I was too scared to articulate to others that spilled over. Not sure if this helps.