FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi! I'm new :)

Princess_Peach
Community Member

Hey everyone 🙂

This is the first time I've ever joined an online forum. I'm 22 and am recovering from an eating disorder. I've also recently been diagnosed with depression and experience a lot of anxiety at times as well. I decided to join because it's something totally different to what I would normally do and I need to start breaking my habits of internalising my feelings and silencing myself. I'm looking forward to connecting with a group of people with a shared experience and practicing vulnerability.

Peach xx

7 Replies 7

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome Princess-Peach

Thanks for making your post and starting your thread.
You May like to look around some threads that interest you.

i like the way you have goal in mind to break the habit of internalising feelings and silencing yourself.
it can take a long time but small steps can help.
well done for trying something different and challenging yourself.

quirky

Thanks Quirky 🙂

Jasjit
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Good morning Princess Peach!!

Welcome to Beyond Blue online forums!!

First of all thanks for sharing your story and reaching out - this shows me you are a very brave person. Well done!

Since you have shared your story with me, I think you will break your habits of internalising feelings and silencing yourself because from what you have said, you have faith in yourself. To achieve anything, that's what matters! So excellent work and I wish you all the best!

Talk to you soon.

tvshowgirl101
Community Member

Hey Princess_Peach

Thank you so much for sharing your story.

I also have recently been diagnosed with depression and anxiety.

I'm here if you want to chat 🙂

Hey Jasjit!

Since joining I've been reading some threads and you always leave such kind and encouraging messages for people. Thanks for your kind words 🙂

Hi tvshowgirl101,

I appreciate that so much, same goes to you! ♡

No problem at all. Always here to help you out!!