FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi all

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Hi all.

The alcohol got me and I've lost everything.

Suicide attempts, Ambos, you name it.

All because my daughter stolen off me and I can't deal with it.

Thank you all and nice to meet you.

Chris

35 Replies 35

Hello Chris, I have mentioned many times that I was an alcoholic during my depression but haven't had a drink in 2 years and certainly cut back well before I quit and realise that there is every chance we can ruin our lives, but the best part we are able to pick ourselves up, get on with a new and different life that has many new benefits.

Listening to this 20 year old next to you must have been such an extraordinary experience, knowing what you now know and all the benefits you have learned.

I take my hat off to you and would really like to meet you, unfortunately, this isn't possible, but I'm with you all the way, Chris.

Geoff.

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Thank you Geoff.

Everything you say is exactly spot on.

I still am committed to joining the health industry, the help I've received is simply outstanding recently.

Unfortunately I'm still in self-harm mental state so I need to get that fixed first mate.

I nearly ended it again last night but I'm going to keep fighting on.

Chris

Hey Chris,

It sounds like a really difficult time. Thank you for updating us here on your thread. We know the others on this thread will be glad to hear from you, though we can hear it’s still a really difficult time.

We’re reaching out to you privately. In the meantime, we’d really encourage you to give us a call on the Beyond Blue Support Service. We are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 and our customers are really good at talking people through this mental state and working out options for more support.  

Another option would be ringing Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467), who can help you to plan for your safety. The Beyond Blue safety planning app might be worth looking at, too. You can read about how it works and where to download it here: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/beyondnow-suicide-safety-planning . You can even call Lifeline and compete it with one of their counsellors over the phone if you'd like.

It’s so good that you’ve been able to share your experience, and that some of the healthcare you’ve received has been helpful and inspired you. Please keep sharing if you feel comfortable. Is there anything that you feel has helped you in the past?

Kind regards,
Sophie M

Hi Chris Tas,

I just wanted to check in with you….

Sorry you nearly ended it last night, are you ok?

Sophie has given you some great contact numbers if you need support or want to speak to someone… please call these numbers Chris if you feel you need to… your never alone…

Im glad to hear you are keeping up the fight…

Hi Petal and all.

I thank you for the ongoing support and can confirm I'm ok.

I rarg the BeyondBlue number which was unbelievably helpful and yes, I was encouraged to go to hospital.

So yeah thanks again and I strongly encourage any other mental health sufferers who are thinking of self harm to ring the numbers available to you.

I can't thank the gentleman on BeyondBlue enough. (and mods for reaching out to me)

Chris

Hi Chris Tas,

Im glad you are ok 😊

Thats great that you contacted the Beyond Blue support numbers and Im glad you found it helpful.

Please feel free to contact us anytime if you feel you need to for support, your never alone.