FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi all

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Hi all.

The alcohol got me and I've lost everything.

Suicide attempts, Ambos, you name it.

All because my daughter stolen off me and I can't deal with it.

Thank you all and nice to meet you.

Chris

35 Replies 35

Sort of lost at the moment.

Can't go to hospital as they are a disgrace yet can't cope here.

It's very difficult but I thank you all sincerely.

Hey Chris,
It sounds like things are really overwhelming at the moment, and since hospitals don’t feel like a safe option, you could use some support while you’re at home.
We’d really encourage you to give us a call on the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 and may be able to offer some comfort and talk you through managing for the evening.
Another option would be ringing Lifeline (13 11 14) or if things are feeling particularly intense, the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467), which can sit with you in these feelings and help you safety plan.
It might also be helpful to get some support or advice for what could make things easier to cope here on the forums, our users have a lot of empathy and wisdom to share, and we’re glad you’re here to share your own wisdom, too.

Hi Chris,

Im really sorry that things are difficult for you at the moment.

Sophie has given you some great contact numbers, please give one a call tonight I think it will help you…

Here to chat

Hi all.

Well thank you firstly for all the support.

I was going ok until Father's Day.

Lost the plot completely and a week later after in and out of hospital.

I was injured but it will be ok.

Sorry for any intrusion just checking in.

Stay safe all.

Chris

Hi Chris Tas,

Thanks for checking in.

Your not intruding you can chat to us anytime ….. 😊

Sorry to hear Father’s Day was hard for you… I understand…

I hope you are ok after being in the hospital…

here to chat happy to support you..

Thank you Sophie.

Well after my attempt I was locked up for days and could not leave the facility.

I add i volunteered as i could have left the hospital to start with.

Enough of this crap. I want help and after 18hrs waiting in emergency i was put in a "mental health facility". (i didnt know)

Lets say it was a massive shock as i volunteered to go, but you cant leave. Bit of deception there but anyway.

I chatted with so many fantastic people who have had not near the priveleged upbringing I have had.

It took the psychiatrist 3 days to "assess" me and was released immediately.

However he wants me to use my legal and kindness skills to help with others like me with mental health issues.

Whilst being locked up it was simply eye-opening - the staff were ok but the patients I feel so much for it has given me a fantastic reality check.

I hated the experience being locked up but hearing peoples stories has meant (i'm 40) it is time to man up and give something back.

Accordingly i am meeting the job agency this week to see what options are available in social welfare as property law pays ok but gives me zero satisfaction.

Stay safe all and keep learning as i have very bluntly to be honest.

Chris

Hi Chris Tas,

Sorry to hear of your attempt….

Im so happy to hear though that you have seemed to have stumbled across a life changing enlightenment….

Sometimes our toughest battles teaches us amazing things and it puts us on our true paths to helping others who are struggling…..

Life really is an amazing learning journey…..

I believe I went through a mental health condition to come out the side like I have to help others with their mental health…… l believe it’s my life purpose and it gives me a lot of fulfilment…..

We gain so much fulfilment from helping others more than one can ever imagine it brings great happiness to oneself.

Good luck with the job agency I’m sure you will help many in your path….

Just seek your life purpose and it will be revealed.

Please keep in touch Chris keep learning and evolving as I’m sure you will…

Here to chat anytime 😊

Thank you Petal.

I'll respond "properly" asap.

I'm giving donations via food etc to the patients as if not for their help i wouldn't have coped.

Some were very aggressive, some so highly medicated you never see them, but what I do know is I'm extremely glad to have this experience.

The Psychiatrist reference with really help me transfer so I'm so excited.

Both Psych guys said I'm being wasted in property law as they said "never assessed someone like me" before, I take that as a compliment.

Be in touch asap Petal and your continued support is very much appreciated.

Chris

Hello Chris, thanks for keeping us in touch, and know that being in a facility creates another dimension on how we never expected it would be like to be locked up with other patients.

The appreciation you have received is well deserving, and your ability to help out would be truly accepted, and the difference from your first comment to your last seems to have achieved even just a little bit of success.

Thanks, Chris.

Geoff.

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Exacrly right Geoff.

It has given me a much needed reality check and a new purpose in life.

I've had staff (no, not bragging as I'm just an alcoholic in reform) but various younger people are upset I left.

It's very flattering as I've ruined my life in many ways but to sit and listen to other people's stories has been extremely enlightening to me.

A young guy (20) even asked if "it is ok to sit with me for lunch". He is lost but of course I said sit down mate!

But by end of conversation he gave me a cuddle, tear in his eye, and I've never felt that before.

Thanks again Geoff