FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi All, introducing myself

Coast_guy
Community Member

Hi there everyone, I’m a new guy on here hoping to make some new friends and try to tackle my anxiety and depression.

I’m living at home with my 75year old mother and looking after her so she doesn’t have to go into a nursing home. It’s tough, I don’t get out much because of the anxiety and depression but I’m trying to find ways to overcome my fears and get out more and enjoy life.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread and all the best.

4 Replies 4

Enid_33
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Coastal Guy,

Mum also living with my mother at the moment, she is 67 and has had mental health issues since I was a youngin.

I’m sure your mum appreciates all you are doing for her to keep her at home. Also trying to be social more but find it hard to leave the house when anxiety/depression is high. If you have success in getting out more please share your secrets! 🙂

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Coast guy,

Welcome to the forums! I hope you find them to be a supportive and safe space to share your concerns. You aren't alone here and we are always here 100% to support you the best we can.

You seem like a caring person and great son and I am sorry you are going through a lot, but you are always supported here and will find you can relate to others.

All the best,

Jaz.

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Coast guy,

Taking care of your mother at home is really a great job!

Regarding your anxiety and depression please be aware that it's really not easy to overcome on your own. You need support from your family, close friends, and professionals. If you feel it's hard to walk out the way on your own, do not wait, do not hesitate, seek for help. You can share your story here or give BB hotline a call, you can also see your GP to ask for some referral.

Hopefully you'll get better and better.

Mark

Mk2692
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Coast guy,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for reaching out here. I hope you will find the forums helpful and hopefully you can make some new friends. It is great that you are there for your mother providing her with care and support, I can imagine it must not be easy at times. I don't know if you see someone in regards to your anxiety and depression but I would recommend if you haven't ask the GP to refer you to a psychologist. You might find it useful talking to a professional and they can help you with your feelings. If you aren't willing to do that, try to reach out to friends and family and explain to them your situation. I understand how you feel, coming out of lockdown can trigger a lot of feelings and with the uncertainty of the pandemic, it can be harder for things to go back to the way they were. All we can do is do our best and enjoy our life. In terms of the future, we have no control over that, we can just take things one step at a time and hope for the best. Hope this helps.