FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello

Community Member

Good evening all, I am a 51 yr young woman, wife, Mother, teacher, daughter, sister and friend, and I live with anxiety, severely impacting my life at times, completely shutting me down and allowing a whole pile of health related issues to occur…… and so the vicious cycle goes. A few weeks ago I raised a whited flag to anxiety, not to surrender, to stop the unproductive internal battle, get understanding, knowledge, acceptance so anxiety and I can become friends, and work with a peaceful respect toward a common goal. Now this doesn’t come easy as it requires lots of hard work even though exhaustion has taken over, trust/embracing the unknown, taking a leap of faith, accepting it is what it is and that’s different from what I expected and letting go (of false safety nets) including my great ability to mask, unrealistic self expectations, trusting myself and others, having courage to reach out for support, being brave enough to take those wobbly steps to make change….. giving it a go….. I fill my bucket with random acts of kindness, kindness rocks foundation, making a difference…….though have difficulty showing myself the same level of kindness. I am with each new day, trying, I’m not giving up though I’m tired, really tired and need a supportive community I can turn to as I have finally realised I can not do this alone anymore. I am worthy of being supported. I look forward to engaging with the community, not having to walk alone, being here receiving support and an empathetic connection. Hi I’m Tss. 

3 Replies 3

Catto23
Community Member

Hi Tss, I'm a new member too, a lot of what you said resonated with me.. the anxiety is exhausting, but it was cool seeing you get understanding and knowledge about it, that is also something I am going through as well. It's also encouraging to me seeing you try everyday, thanks for the post! (not sure if this is an appropriate reply/respectful)

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Tss,

Welcome to our community!

I'm really sorry to hear about the tough time you're going through. You're showing such bravery and strength, and that's truly amazing. Seeing you view anxiety not as a foe, but as something you're learning to live with is inspiring. Remember to be proud of every step you take on this journey.

I absolutely agree that it's crucial to have a supportive network around you. This can be family, friends, and colleagues who you trust and can confide in. Professional help can make a huge difference too. Don't hesitate to reach out to your GP for advice or to organisations like BeyondBlue for some extra support.

Also, it's really important to look after your body as well as your mind. Regular exercise, good food, plenty of sleep, and limiting caffeine and alcohol can make a big difference in managing anxiety symptoms.

I know a lot of us have found mindfulness and relaxation techniques super helpful too. Things like meditation, deep breathing exercises, yoga, or progressive muscle relaxation might be worth a try. They've worked for some of us, and they could work for you too.

But most importantly, keep being kind to yourself. This journey can be a tough one, but -we're here for you, we'd love to hear from you whenever you feel like sharing.

Take care of yourself, Tss. We're all rooting for you.

Warmly,

Mark

Winston666
Community Member

Hi and welcome, your story sounds so very familiar to me. firstly know that you are not alone, there are so many people here that are more than willing to share their own stories and experiences. this forum has been so supportive to me and all the advice i have received has been very helpful.

reaching out for help has been the thing i have done. you are so very worthy of being supported. warmest welcome. 

Winston666