FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello

Chipmunk
Community Member

Hi all.

newbie here. I decided to join because I just simply need help. I’ve never been good at asking for help or admitting when I need it but it’s to the point that I’m now struggling. I have severe anxiety, severe depression, ptsd and post natal depression. Lately everything has just creeped up on me and I’m feeling so confused and overwhelmed over it all.

Does anyone have any advice to jus start to cope or how to handle all these? I have a daughter and I feel guilty that I have depression like I feel I should be happy all the time. I just need help 😞

55 Replies 55

Chipmunk
Community Member

Hey all.

im back. I’ve had a horrid few months. My daughter has been really really sick. I almost lost her. She’s doing better now she’s almost back to her normal self. I’ve found a place and it’s finally just my daughter my partner and myself.

the past couple of days have just been up and down and I don’t know why.

I thought I was doing well then bam it all comes back.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Chipmunk, I'm sorry for the late reply and feel so much about how you, your partner and your daughter are feeling and know that when each day comes can certainly be very different, situations or occasions that can differ from one day to the next, it's an illness we can never predict what's going to happen and it can all of a sudden surprise not only you but everyone else as well.

We hope you can get back to us.

Geoff.

Chipmunk
Community Member

Hey.

well I’m really struggling now, with being in lockdown my daughter can’t go to daycare I’m studying online my partner is working from home. I feel trapped. Being at home just makes me feel like I’m living party of my childhood again and I’m feeling anxious. I feel like a bad parent cause I can’t let my daughter see her friends.

can anyone help me please?

Hi Chipmunk, 

We are really sorry to hear that you are struggling during this lockdown, it sounds like you have a lot going right now so we can only imagine how hard it must be. Looking after others while trying to look after ourselves is a challenging thing to do, and we want to encrouage you to do what you can to do some self-care. 

If you ever feel like talking to someone, we are here for you. You can call us on 1300 22 4636 anytime. You can also call our friends at Lifeline on 13 11 14

Looking after ourself is really hard but maybe these article can help with some ideas:
- Looking after yourself in lockdown
- Ways to look after your mental health 
- Finding a space inside that feels safe and calm

There is also some advice for supporting children through these tough times here if you would find that helpful. 

We want to thank you for sharing this with us on the forums, it's not always easy to say how we are feeling. You neveer know who else might read this and feel less alone. 

Kind regards, 
Sophie M

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Chipmunk,

I was surfing the forums and came across your thread..I haven’t read through all of it, just a few posts back...

Sophie M, has given you some great reading and I hope that you feel up to reading those threads..They are so helpful...

What I really wanted to say...is that there is no way you should feel like a bad parent for keeping your daughter at home....To me you are one of the most caring and living parent in doing this because you are keeping your daughter safe....and at this horrible time that the world outside is not safe...you are doing a wonderful job....

Please don’t think you are not a good parent...

Is it possible to talk to your partner and allocate a time that each of you can take at least an hour on your own , to have your own space to do what you feel to do....for yourself only...

My kindest thoughts dear Chipmunk..

Grandy..

Chipmunk
Community Member

Hey everyone.

How is everyone? I’m feeling so many things right now. I feel anxious and sad but angry and worried aswell.

our lockdown just keeps getting extended and extended, we are now looking at mid October before we even come out of lockdown. I’m sick of looking at the same 4 walls or doing the same thing over and over again because I can’t do anything.

Even though I don’t need to I still feel a bad mum to my daughter sometimes, I just want her to be able to see her friends every time I tell her she can’t she gets upset and it breaks me. I miss my mum I haven’t seen her since may and I’ve missed everyone in my family’s birthdays.

I’m scared that court won’t happen because of Covid and if it doesn’t then what. I just want answers to why I wasn’t good enough.

I’m trying my best to make sure my family is happy and be the strong one but they don’t (my brothers) understand the till it takes on me. I’m always the last child to find out something and it upsets me! I FEEL ALONE! Even though I have my partner ans daughter. Not to mention studying full time when my teacher doesn’t help me I don’t know what I’m doing.

ive had enough. I just can’t deal anymore!

hope you’re all well I just needed a big rant.