FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello newbie Here

BrainOnFire
Community Member

Hello. I'm new and have no idea what or why I'm here. I guess it's because I genuinely know I need support. And just not sure where to turn to. It's as if I'm always helping others but completely forgot myself. I suffer misphonia. Crippling and debilitating disorder of extreme sensitivity to sound. Particularly for me the sound of howling wind but other noises too. It sends me into a state where I struggle to get out of. I feel alone and sad.The motivation is so little. My misphonia is not getting any better and I worry about myself. The way I act is like a react to sound response. I can handle sound for awhile then suddenly I feel like my whole body is moving but my brain is cationic. I don't know if that makes sense. I get depressed and just want to hide. My interest become zero and I know it's getting worse so I just thought I'd come here for support. I can't keep living life in a suffering bubble. I know I need help. Thanks for listening everyone.

3 Replies 3

Bob_22
Community Member

Hello BrainonFire,

Thanks for your post. I've never heard of misphonia but it seems very distressing. Here is another thread on these forums about it: https://forums.beyondblue.org.au/t5/welcome-and-orientation/need-help-understanding-misophonia/td-p/... 

I would recommend seeing your GP and seeking a psychiatrist who deals specifically with this diagnosis. 

Hope that helps.

Bob

Jlow76
Community Member

Hi there, I honestly don't know how to help you, but I

feel for you and I hope you get the help you need to get through this...stay strong 

Catto23
Community Member

Hi BrainonFire, I'm new here too, but just would like to say even know I don't know anything about misphonia, it's cool to read your post - to see even though (maybe) it's a little confusing, you are trying to get support, it sounds like it has been quite hard too. Hope you find some comfort here.