FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello intro

Wagtail84
Community Member

Hi there you can call me Wag, 

I’m here because today was a particularly bad day, out of what has felt like a bit of a never ending sea of not great days… 

I’ve browsed and lurked the forums for a bit on and off before and this does seem like a safe space and a place with real people

going through the very real things I feel myself- and seem to be alone in experiencing. 
I will find time to put my own issues up for advice and support at some point but for now just saying hi and also that if I can add to the place

also I will try 

thank you 

12 Replies 12

Sophie_M
Hi Wagtail84,  

I’m Sophie, I moderate the Beyond Blue forums. Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your experience and offering support to other users. I'm sorry to hear you've been having a tough time, although it's great you could share this here.   We can hear you've been having a bad day and a tough time generally at the moment, please know that you can reach out to us at any time, we’re on 1300 22 4636, or you can use our webchat here: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/  

Thanks again for being so open here. We know how hard it can be to talk about feelings like this, we hope you can see it as a step towards feeling better and our other community members will be able to share their insights.

Kind regards,  

Sophie M 

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Wagtail84,

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums..

I’m so sorry you’re struggling through some bad days and today being a particularly bad day, I’m pleased you have joined our wonderful forums, which I think is a great step in reaching out for help..

We are all here for Wagtail, listening and hoping to support you through your bad days….No hurry at all to share your story, in your own time Dear Wag….for now I just wanted to welcome you and in time hopefully get to know you better…

My kind thoughts with my care Wagtail….and a friendly caring hug..

Grandy..

Thank you so much 

wag 

Wagtail84
Community Member

Hey there Grandy,

Thank you for the very kind reply… 

hopefully I can reciprocate 

wag 

Richju
Community Member

Hi Wag,

Sorry to hear about your bad day and I hope you are feeling a lot better since writing your post. I find it is always better to get things out rather than bottling them up so I think you are on the right track by sharing your story. We are hear to support and help you in any way we can and would be interested to hear more of your thoughts and feelings.

Feelings of hopelessness can pervade our system, making us feel constantly tired and unmotivated. My worst time was when my second child was a baby and I felt so inadequate because I was tired yet I wouldn't accept any help. 

I hope you can be kind to yourself - delegate to others and relax where you can. I found sleep most healing even if I needed to take sleeping tablets for a while.

Warmest regards,

Richju

Wagtail84
Community Member

Thanks for the kind words Richju, yes you’re right - better out than in they say! 
Hopefully you yourself have found better days and more positive times since. 
Wag x 

Guest_1282
Community Member

Hey Wag hope ur going well, yeah Ive had a lot of numb days and things like that- so can feel you there. Nothing changes anyway yeah hope ur going well and all the best  

Hi Stephen

It can feel very much like being stuck on a treadmill yes, I wonder if there is ever a day when it won’t feel like this all the time 

But I try to stay positive hopeful you find something to cheer you up today 

wag x 

Yeah going well today thanks, good on you for that attitude