FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello...I'm new here. Feeling lost and anxious with no di4ection

Okberty
Community Member

Hello.

So new to forums. And new to these feelings I am experiencing. So alone and have lost a sense of purpose. Unable to visit family and those i love since Covid and dealing with stress of being away from an elderly unwell parent. Want to help but can't. So overwhelmed at work have been making bad decisions and also not standing up for myself which has forced me to take an action at work that contradicts my own values. Lost as to what to do. Want to quit and move back to my home country but can't because of finances and covid. Used to be highly successful in my previous employment but have lost any sense of desire or ambition. Have no one here that I feel close to and feel used by those that I thought were friends. Constantly no motivation and Jumpy all the time. Think I have tried to hide my feelings for so long they have finally caught up with me. Have sought help through GP and psychologist

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Welcome to the forums Okberty, we are so glad that you've taken a big step in sharing your thoughts and feelings here with our wonderful community.” 

If you feel it may be helpful, we’d recommend reaching out to our Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service. The website will be regularly updated with information, advice and strategies to help you manage your wellbeing and mental health during this time. You can also call our dedicated support line, staffed by mental health professionals, which is available 24/7 at the Beyond Blue Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service on 1800 512 348. 

If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals. 

We would strongly urge that in overwhelming moments you get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14).

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Der Okberty~

I'd like to join Sophie_M in welcoming you here.

There was a phrase you said in your post that stuck in my mind

"not standing up for myself which has forced me to take an action at work that contradicts my own values"

Now that makes me think of two things, two good, one not as good.

The good things are you are a person who in normal circumstances can stand up for herself on occasion, and the second is you are an ethical human being with personal values . Not everyone is like that.

The not so good thing is you have fallen into a trap, understandable as you are new to all this, I did too. You are judging yourself by everyday standards you would have used before you became so oppressed by the Covid restrictions.

Worry,frustration loneliness, overwork, people who you thought were freinds not living up to your expectations with not easy end to matters in sight put an awful lot of people into a mindframe as you have now. If you are like me you even start to doubt your own worth and as it seems to go on forever love motivation and the ability to enjoy the things one did before.

That's why Sophie_M's recommendations are good ones.

It is also pretty good you are being proactive and seeking outside perspective and outside assistance

Please let us know how you get on,we are here and you are not alone

Croix