Hello I have bipolar and feel lost
Hello. I am new here. I have bipolar along with anxiety, narcolepsy and physical disabilities that make life hard.
I lost my psychologist in 2018 when the government decided they didn't need so many of them. Recently I discovered through someone special to me that my bipolar is not as well managed as I thought. After a major manic episode I went to the doctor and have been waiting to be seen by a psychologist and psychiatrist. Being in the bush there is little support here.
Having an extremely abusive daughter and ending a relationship with an alcoholic who I knew for 23 years and being played by someone I've helped alot, 2 surgeries, loosing 2 cats to cancer and almost loosing my grandmother has taken its toll.
Lost, lonely, no clue what to do. I'm broken. I have 1 friend in this small town, and another in a town 100km away. Finances are bad so travelling is hard. My family are in the city. To be able to talk to people who understand this illness and can give me advice would be great.
I look forward to meeting new people here. Thank you
Hi Fallen Angel83
Welcome to the bb forum.
I am so very sorry for your struggles with so many conditions, relationship issues and grief. It’s hard for me to even imagine how difficult life must be for you.
Yet here you are, with the courage to share your story and reach out for support. You should be very proud of yourself.
I know from experience that there are people in this community that live with bi polar and who will likely have insights to share. Unfortunately, I’m not one of them, but I really wanted to welcome you and let you know that someone cares.
Hopefully someone in a better position to talk about your situation will come along soon.
Kind thoughts to you
Hi FA and thanks to Summer Rose
I have bipolar2, depression and dysthymia. I also have a past history of anxiety. I live in regional Victoria with one couple as friends 8 minutes away, the rest in Melbourne 2.5 hours away.
I'll try to address your questions one at a time.
- "Finances are bad so travelling is hard.". It does make it hard. I learned a long time ago one needs a small diesel car in the country for trouble free economical motoring. Also try SKYPE with long distance friends, face to face talking.
- "anxiety". The following thread might help. https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/anxiety/anxiety-how-l-eliminated-it
- "Being in the bush there is little support here." Agreed and Covid has increased demand. Hence this forum could be a good thing for you. Also use search bar as our library is vast.
- "Having an extremely abusive daughter".. Thats a concern. We bipolars must reduce our stress and aim ultimately for a stress free happy as possible lifestyle. Perhaps you can elaborate if you want to. Ultimately reducing contact to a happier level could be the answer. Does she live with you? is she close by?. What are the main issues? Willing to provide ideas.
- "ending a relationship with an alcoholic who I knew for 23 years" My last relationship was with a violent closet alcoholic. She would slap me often. She also mistreat my daughter. I broke it off 13 years ago. Took a while to mend but all the better for it. Grief of the loss though breeds loneliness.
The following thread provides many ideas and in particular threads I've written on the topic. I hope that helps. Will talk more as you desire.