FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello, first time on this forum

soleil
Community Member
Hello, this is my first time on the forum, I think this place would be a good place for me to try to sort out my problems. I feel like I have a lot of unsolved childhood trauma and I don't know where to start, so I'm gonna try to use this forum to slowly sort out my problems, thank you for bearing with me.
6 Replies 6

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome to the forums.

anywhere you want to start will be fine. All the people here are supportive and non-judgmental. So when you are ready and in your own time ...

also, if you want a break from "whatever" the social zone on the forums here is worth a look also.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Soleil,

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums...

Thank you for sharing what you have come here for, I hope that the beautiful and caring community members can help you with some insight into there own childhood trauma and give you some support and help...

I’m just wondering if you have any professionals looking after your mental health and helping you to manage your childhood trauma?....only answer if you feel you want to..

We are here for you soleil...and would like to know more of your story if your wanting to share some here..

My kind thoughts, Dear soleil

Grandy..

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Soleil, can I join Grandy and Smallwolf in welcoming you and know starting to explain any reason why you want to post a comment is certainly not easy to people you don't know.

The best part, is that on the forums the people have encountered their own type of depression which range from one extreme to the other, so a huge variety of topics have been discussed.

It is easy to type what you want to say, but then to post it, you worry about any replies back to you, but there is no criticism, only words of endearment, support and advice from the experience we ourselves have gone through, so please when you are able to get back to us, that would be great.

Geoff.

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey Soleil,

A warm welcome to our forums, and thanks for reaching out. Let us know how you're feeling, we're here to listen and support you. If you're comfortable sharing, tell us what's on your mind, is there anything in particular you'd like to chat about?

There are designated categories on these forums as well, if you want specifically advice or support pertaining to family/relationships, or if you're more seeking advice about your mental health as a result of your childhood experiences.

Feel free to chat some more.

SB

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi soleil, & welcome from me, too.

There is really no need to rush. May I suggest a little about yourself, in general? Something like, "I'm a little over middle age, been in treatment for a long time, live alone, have had more instances of trouble than I can count...& that picture there is of my cat, who is no longer with me, but forever in my heart".

Hope to chat more, when you are ready.

😸mmMekitty

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi soleil,

Welcome to the forum.

And YES it's a great idea to share your stories here. Many lovely people with lived experience are ready to listen and give advice.

Just feel free to share your stories and concerns when you're ready.

Mark