FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello Everyone

BreeFree90
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I've been on many forums before, but never one like this. I really hope to become apart of this community by sharing my story and hopefully helping others along the way.

In retrospect, my mental health issues have been with me since I was very young, but unfortunately, they weren't detected until I was an adult.

At age 19 I was diagnosed with depression and saw a psychologist, but I wasn't ready to receive help and so I squandered the experience. Then last August I had a very real and life-changing mental breakdown. I didn't speak to anyone for a week and had to slowly rebuild myself. I was diagnosed with anxiety and have been on medication since. During this last year, I have sought professional help, started a new career, got engaged, bought a house with my finance, struggled immensely with my anxiety, and within the last week, I've had a relapse and quit my job. I am now seeing a new psychologist and looking at my future prospects.

That's my mental health in a nutshell. Life isn't easy at the moment, but when is it ever?

1 Reply 1

Peppermintbach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi BreeFree,

It’s lovely to have you here. I would like to extend a caring welcome to you here, and hope you’re finding your way around the forums alright 🙂

It sounds as though you have struggled for a very long time. I see the sadness and distress in you, but I also see signs of resilience...

I think this has been a big year for you. You have accomplished a lot, but as beautiful and wonderful as those things were, perhaps there was also an accumulation of stress/pressures...

I feel for you, and I’m glad you made the decision to help your own mental health by seeing a new psychologist and exploring your future options. I think that is a wonderful mindset...

I have my own vast mental health issues and struggles, as do most people here on the forums. We looked forward to getting to know you more if you want to share...

You’re welcome to write here and/or on any other thread on the forums. But there’s no obligation or pressure...only when and if you’re feeling up to it 🙂

Kindness and care,

Pepper