FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello Everyone Let me see what's on here

Sad_Rod
Community Member

I'm in my mid-20s, living alone, basically no social life, no friends, no pets (Couldn't afford a dog or a cat at the moment)

I have been on the SSRIs for one and a half years, in the treatment of my long-lasting depression and anxiety disorder. My life has been a semi-mess I didn't really take them regularly but I still remind myself to keep them.

I speak broken English, sometimes my counsellors and my psychiatrist seemed not to understand what I was talking about. But anyway I'm keeping to myself, I feel lonely and distressed but I still go on.

I'm here to looking for ppl to chat with, spying on what you guys doing 🙂 and see if I could pitch in 🙂

4 Replies 4

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Sad Rod

Welcome to BB! I'm sorry to see your post hasn't had a response. I want to say hi and I am sure you will find some friendly people to chat with here. Do look around the forums - places like the Cafe and the various threads.

It sounds like life is lonely for you. I wonder do you live in a city or smaller regional town? Loneliness is a pretty big problem with lots of us on BB so if you stay around I'm sure you'll get to know some friendly supportive people.

Great to have you join us! 🙂

Sad_Rod
Community Member

Hi Hanna

Thanks for the reply 🙂 This account is registered one year ago but I just get to explore this site recently lol. Depression can be one thing that has ppl unmotivated to do anything.

I live in the city and I do prefer the city vibe (people, car, building etc) which makes me feel less isolated but still I am just one of many lonely city dwellers like many others are. I've never lived in small towns for a long period so I don't know if that works for me

I'm expecting to meet more friendly ppl here 🙂

Isabella_
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Sad Rod

A very warm welcome to the forums! I'm glad you've decided to step in and say hello 🙂 You're more than welcome here to talk with us (even just read through threads, I do that a lot as well). You'll find a lot of kind souls on here who are willing to share stories with one another, share their progress on medication, how we've been coping in lockdown, any topic under the sun. We talk about it all, and the forums are a great way to not feel so isolated in what you're going through. It's even just a good way to vent, and reading through threads is good for advice and not feeling alone.

I hope you're having a lovely week and I'll love to see your name popping up around here 🙂

I_wish_I_could_learn_by_o
Community Member

Hi, I’ve just joined today. Everyone is feeling a bit off, so more traffic on the site?

Yay you, getting on and posting. Writing this scares me silly, not because anything bad is going to happen, but because I’m scared something unpleasant will happen if I post. I know that doesn’t make sense but anxiety and depression rarely do. Feeling lonely is unpleasant, being alone I actually like. It gives me a chance to just stop and relax without the worry of “what will others think of me”, even though I know most people have the same thoughts and so, are too busy worrying about themselves to worry about me.

I’m lucky, I like to crochet and can try new designs from YouTube. The finished project gets given away. It feels like contributing to my community. And I get to watch dive talk, about cave diving, or what da math which is about everything from astrophysics to evolution, while I crochet.

Is there anything you really like doing or would want to do, either at home, or post COVID when we can join with other people again? No matter how ridiculous or unreachable you might think “it” is? Not everything is possible, but aspects of what we want to have happen in our lives are achievable if we have an idea where to start.

I do hope you are doing well, and that you’ll be reading this and get back to me. Starting a conversation?

Cheers.