FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello all!

Dunn of Northumbria
Community Member

For privacy reasons, I wont use my actual name but I am Dunn and I have mild ASD

Social Media isnt really doing it for me and im concerned about my wellbeing consider how Ive been my whole life so I came here to get some support and also chat with some people here.

5 Replies 5

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Dunn, welcome to the forums.

Can I ask you what type of social media frightens you, so we can begin discussing this with you.

Take care.

Geoff.

Its not that Social Media scares me but I think that Social Media isnt the right place to talk about wellbeing because its not anonymous. Its also not very productive because the amount of arguments caused by trivial matters.

Hello Dunn, yes I understand and know that not everybody can agree on one issue because each person may want to voice their opinion, while others are frightened from what they say will be criticised by people who you had wished hadn't done so.

There is a difference between people having a disagreement over trivial matters than someone/s profoundly arguing over a silly point, because why, it's only their point of view and sometimes the final decision can't be changed, so is disagreeing just a point for a conversation, rather than the room being kept quiet.

When you have your own opinion you can voice it or you can keep it to yourself and be confident you're right.

Geoff.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Dunn,

Being anonymous here is encouraged, so there is no pressure to disclose anything which might identify you.

& this website has people looking after our welfare, to keep everyone safe & feeling comfortable to talk about whatever they want - as little or as in detail, however you choose. If you don't want to reply, or if you don't want to talk, that's up to you.

You are welcome to look around, read other threads which speak to your interests & comment or ask your own questions, as & when you choose.

I think you will find people here willing to talk over your concerns in a caring & kind manner.

I don't like much social media because too often people can get on there & be so disrespectful & even cruel, & there is so little that can be done to stop that. If I am seeking a genuine conversation with someone, then that's what I want to see.

If I want to have a little fun, there are some little word games & other fun/social threads in the BB Social Zone. Things are lighter there, good for having more general chats, too.

I hope you find what you are wanting here on BB Forums.

mmMekitty

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi,

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums! It is a great platform because no one is here to judge you and we are all here to support you. It's great that it is also anonymous. Please know that we are always here for you and you can talk to us about anything.

Stay safe and i am always here to chat.