FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello All, I have Health Anxiety

Jama
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I think I’ve been on these forums in the past- maybe 8 or so years ago. My husband worked in the mines and I had 4 small children at home, the sleep deprivation and loneliness would cause me to sit on the couch and google up everyone’s symptoms all night!

I still suffer - but am doing better on the whole. In a big spiral at the moment about my own health which is why I’m here again! If it’s not obsessing over my own mild symptoms and sensations, it’s the kids.

Look forward to sharing my own coping skills where I can.

3 Replies 3

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jama,

Wellcome back!

Im glad to hear you are doing better.

Im sorry you are having issues with your health and obsessions.

I understand, I have a lived experience of severe anxiety OCD which I have now recovered from thanks to the professional help I received.

Have you been able to speak to your gp about the way you are currently feeling?

HappyHelper88
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Thankyou for posting and welcome

Im so glad to hear you are doing better, but also sad to hear about how your doing now
I hope everything is okay, are you seeing someone regarding this?

I look forward to hearing about your coping skills, I have find mindfulness meditation to help

All the best and I hope you find the support you are looking for. We are all here to help.

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Jama,

Thanks for sharing your story.

May wife and I have similar anxiety, both of us have full-time work, and we're talking care of 2 kids at the same time. We have big home loan, we cannot afford anyone becoming unemployed, having serious illness or any accident, our family is also fragile.

What we're doing is:

1. Talk to a phycologist when we have anxiety (luckily our employers have supporting programs which allow us to access for free);

2. Ask our GP to arrange annual medical check, this helps us stay safe more or less physically and mentally;

3. Have insurances coving our family, including income protection, TPD and life insurance, this gives us some sense of security financially.

Hope it will help a bit.

Mark