FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Giving and Receiving Support with Difficult Days

Guest_05
Community Member
Hello--- like many here on the beyond blue forums, I too am among the millions who suffer from mental health. So just saying Hello.
37 Replies 37

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Malaika,

A very warm and caring welcome to the forums...

It’s really nice to meet you...

I hope these forums are as beneficial to you as it has been for me and so many more here...

You’re very welcome to share how your feeling and your thoughts anytime you feel up to it..as much or as little as you want to...There is no pressure...

There are heaps of different thread on the forums, about depression, anxiety, PTSD....and many more topics...that if you feel like it, you can read and if your up to it join in the conversation....

My kind and caring thoughts...Dear Malaika..

Grandy..

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Malaika and I to would like to welcome you to the forums.This a great caring environment for people with mental health problems.
Take care,
Mark.

missep123
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Malaika!

A huge warm welcome to the forums!

We are a non-judgmental, caring bunch here!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Hello to those who have made me feel very welcomed by your kind gentle words contributed by grandy, matchy and missep.Thankyou. Yes I've read so many posts already on the beyond blue forums and can say that I have personally experienced a bit of Everything of what others have written about themselves. I don't know how to write things about myself as I've never done this yet in my life but do know that I wouldn't be on the beyond blue forums if I didnt suffer from mental health. Thankyou for Your kind Welcome.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Malaika it can be hard and daunting tlat first trying to describe what's going on.I struggled with that all my life with communication and trying to describe what's going on.I just describe it the best way I can.I am finding the more I post about myself more easier it gets.I hope you can tell us more in your words.Maby join in on a thread you feel a connection with.
Take care,
Mark.

Thank you for your post, matchy. I'm a very deep thinker type of a person who seems to have a the ability to help others sort out with their problems in many areas of their lives but unable to help myself when it's my turn. Communication skills I lack miserably in so many areas that I seem to turn people away instead gravitating them towards me. I really don't know what I say or do so wrong that people run away from me as fast and far as they can leaving an dreadful empty void I my life that I'm struggling so hard contend with. It's so much easier to help others but we're often too emotionally blind to see ourselves how others see and hear us. Hope this make sense. Thank you

Hello to everyone and welcome, welcome to new posters. I do like the new image, the natural order seems so much simpler, I do like simple! I'm yet to see you post anything odd, you seem intelligent and if you find helping others easier, then that makes you extra compassionate. You may find people on this forum Get You in ways others can not.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Malaika I have a great problem talking on person.I have to write down everything before I go to the doctor or wherever.I really struggle explaining my self .On here I can take my time and not feel pressured.Sometimes I write things on here and just delete it as didn't like what I have written and started again.I have been told I am a really good listener and actually listen and know what the person had said and that I care.I think we all express our selves differently as we are all unique .
Take care,
Mark.

Thank you for the compliment, amberlite. You had written-"you may find people of this forum Get You in ways that others can not". A very interesting statement. It has it's Pros and Cons. It's very important to recognize one's own limitations. Without recognizing, there's can be consequences. Simplicity is the key and paramount in my life. Nice talking with you.:)

Matchy thank you for sharing. I do the same as you do to by writing things down before seeing a doctor. It really helps without the extra stress and get the much needed things discussed.. It takes me so long to write just one post. I don't know how to keyboard. This allows me to think very carefully before I put it on paper or on my device. That's an excellent quality you have there, matchy being a good listener 🙂 Listening is an art these days. Being a good listener gives you the insight of how people feel and think. I'm very similar and yet not Thank you for posting to me.