FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Getting to the Nuts and Bolts of Things

Ezzi
Community Member

Hi. Just joined. Haven't much of anything interesting or dramic to chat. Jusg saying Hello.

14 Replies 14

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Ezzi ☺ and everyone

Welcome to bb it's good to see you. Hi back 👋

If you feel that you'd like to talk about anything that causes you any sort of grief feel free to in your own time if you want to...there's a wealth of knowledge & experience and here's a very good safe for the most community.

Otherwise you might be interested in squizzing through threads and join in if you like or you might like to chat in the bb cafe in Social Zone or join in with activities there.

Take good care 😊

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Ezzi,

I would also like to welcome you to our wonderful forums..

Our lovely Deebi has written you a very caring post and I would like to agree with Deebi, that there is a wealth of knowledge here at BB...

Anytime you feel to talk about what brought you here is okay..there’s no pressure at all....and it’s up to you dear Ezzi, how little or how much you wish to share..

We are here for you with out care and support..

Grandy..

Ezzi
Community Member
Hello Deebi and Ggrandy. Thanks you for the warm welcome to the beyond blue forums. I still haven't much to put down in writing about myself except I'm a human being with feelings just like everyone else on these forums who try to help ourselves by helping others, in turn, help comes from the most unexpected areas that helps us. 🙂

Here2Talk
Community Member
How is life going for you ezzi?

Ezzi
Community Member

Nice meeting you Here 2Talk. In answer to your question, I'm not ready to open up. Have been browsing about the forums some awesome threads. I could actually answer a few of them ... do have the knowledge, training along with understanding. Am reframing to do so atm. Is there anything you would like to discuss about Here2Talk?

Ezzi
Community Member

Sorry for misspelling in my last post. I wrote:- Am reframing to do so atm.

It was meant to write:- Am refraining to do so atm.

Those two words have a total different context of was meant by my post.

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Ezzi and everyone ☺

Thanks and for replying ☺

All good darl we're here and listening when/if you feel up to talking.

I'm trying to habit though memory at times can block thinking of good things like memories gratitude for simple things or complex and what I like.

The more good thoughts giving pleasure that we live for alliws the good chemicals to ignite leaving less power and room for negative thinking and depression to take hold.

🕊...We can create light ... from our thoughts... 🕊

Good days everyone ⚘

Thanks Deebie. I think we may be on the same page here when it comes to pushing negative thoughts from our mind by replacing it positive happy thoughts. Having positive thoughts we may have different perception on any situation we're dealing with whatever it may be. It does takes years of self discipline and hard work. However, there are at times no matter how hard one may try to be positive it doesn't always take away depression. There are so many different types of depression along with other mental health issues. I suffer from depression and anxiety disorder for well over 40years and managed it rather well with medication, so on. Upon hearing that Victoria was continuing on for another two weeks in lockdown and with a curfew from 9pm to 5am starting Monday evening made me so anxious. Haven't been as anxious and restless for years as I'm in a current state. Nothing is settling me down. Not even all my years of self discipline is helping me at all. I'm fully aware restrictions are absolutely necessary to try to control this deadly Delta variant. Being in lockdown since March last year is beginning to take its toll on me of living this "new norm" using technology as never before just to keep in the loop with others. It's hard stressful work to learn how to use devices. Atm I'm really stressed out unable to focus at all with my mind running a trillion miles a minute. Its very hard word to even write this. My concertration is very poor. Thank u. Regards

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Ezzi, and welcome.

It's not easy to come onto a depression site and start talking about yourself, you fear what people may say back to you, but we have all suffered our own type of depression and were hesitant to know what we should say, slowly over time we overcome this fear, so you are entitled to begin as you see fit, there's definitely no rush, especially as we are in lockdown.

The problem we have is that we aren't really being considered by the government, they say it must be a lockdown, businesses are crying out help and many are going broke, while the politicians get a pay rise, banks are no help, landlords have increased their rents to house/flat tenants and it's no wonder we are anxious, especially when the rules are so inconsistent.

Take care.

Geoff.