FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

From a caterpillar into transition to a beautiful butterfly

Nobodee
Community Member
Hi all.
Just joined up & have nothing to say about myself yet whilst going through transition into a beautiful butterfly.
In the meantime I'll just browse about until i feel comfortable to open up.
Perhaps can contribute if able.
14 Replies 14

Sophie_M
Hey Nobodee, welcome to our friendly online community, we are so glad you decided to join us here. We know it can be hard to write the first post, so thank you for having the courage.
Please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space to talk things through and our community is here to offer as much support, advice and conversation as you need.

Please stay in touch.

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Nobodee

I send the warmest welcome your way.

I believe, to not know what we are becoming can be simply painful. To know...can be liberating, as we deal with the pain in the process. I love that you know what or who you are becoming.

I look forward to your return 🙂

Hi Sophie M. Thank you for your kind words.

Hi the rising. Thank you too for your warm welcome.
Yes I do know where I'm heading to in this transition. With each improvement there's an roadblock. There are several ways to conquer the roadblock.
1. Face it head on.
2. Go around it.
3. Turn back.
My plans are facing head on.
That's how I've managed this far. Facing a problem head on is the best way. It's waiting for the right time.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Nobodee, thanks for posting your comment and the transition for you could have taken many steps for you to even consider to be able to change.

This can take great strength, acceptance and knowledge to even have the ability of this possibility.

Well done and please remember that all of us go through different stages to be able to overcome what this illness forces us into.

Take care.

Geoff.

Nobodee
Community Member
Today is another day

Nobodee
Community Member
Good afternoon. Thank you Geoff for your kind post
Today is another day to contend with mental health issues. One foot in front of the other to try to keep moving forward. During transition relapses do occur setting me to a standstill until these depressive episodes run its course. This may take anything up to 1 day to a number of weeks before I can resume a relatively so-called what is normal life to me.
As for many steps as mentioned by Geoff, it's entirely up to any of us to make up our own minds what we are going to do about it. My way of thinking hasn't always been so optimistic. It's taken 30 plus to get this far. Have a good day.

Emmen
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Nobodee,

Welcome to the forums.

It's a brave step, posting your first few posts here. I hope our community makes you feel less alone as you go through your journey of recovery. Feel free to ask us any questions along the way or read other threads and see if there are experiences you can relate to. If you feel like you're ready to open up, we'll be here to support you.

Take care,
M

Nobodee
Community Member
Thank you M for your thoughts about expressing one self or asking questions when or if needed. Yes I can relate to many on the forums who are ailing looking for suggestions & the like. In my situation with mental health I've already reached in an area of my life that hadn't planned to ask any more questions unless it's absolutely necessary. It's been a lot of very hard work on my part to reach to where I am now in life. Worked at it over 30 years. When faced with set backs, wuth any mental health issues I suffer from with can aggravate me from bad to worse spiralling down at full speed ahead so am looking for ideas of how to Slow it down without too much work involved. We're all a fragile bunch when dealing with mental health so need to keep it lighted hearted. Thank you all.

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Nobodee

I hear you. I try to be a 'face it head on' person too. I suppose I adopted this attitude around the time I had one of my mind altering revelations (aka shift in perception): 'Every challenge holds the potential to either raise us or bring us down'. Figuring out how each challenge is calling for us to raise our self is a challenge in itself. By the way, I left my depression behind me some years ago and manage not going back in. It's been a seriously long process of finding what works and what doesn't, with some deeply fearful times where I felt myself standing on the brink.

I believe, what does play a big part in managing involves developing a circle of 'go to' people. By the way, anyone who has a habit of bringing me down, putting me down or leaving me down (if I'm vibing a bit low) is not a part of this circle. The circle is a definite no go zone for them. Only those who raise me belong. Whether they raise my consciousness, my energy or excitement levels or simply the corners of my mouth (to a smile), they're a part of my tribe. They're quite a mixed bunch with very unique skills or abilities. Personally, I love sensitive people. I imagine you'd agree you gotta watch out for the insensitive ones.

Wondering if you have a circle or if you're beginning to develop one.

🙂