FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

First time ever reaching out

passingby91
Community Member

Hello everyone, I'm Dillon. I never thought I'd be here. I feel as if I'm stuck at a crossroads in my life, and i'm not going anywhere. Ever since my breakup I cannot shake the loneliness. It keeps me up most nights. I'm restless. I haven't been myself for years.

I guess this is me making the first step.

2 Replies 2

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi passingby91,

welcome to beyond blue.

Yes, it could definitely be the first step. Between sessions with my psych I found this to be a good place to chat and to put my thoughts on paper. I happened to come upon this place by finding the K10 test on the beyond blue web site. Have you looked at that test? It is just a small test with a recommendation at the end for the next step to take. It told me to have a chat with my GP.

You mentioned the loneliness after the breakup and being restless, AND being at a crossroad in your life. I wonder what you might be looking for? Is it just a partner? Is there something else that you want to chat about?

Have you been able to talk to anyone about this?

(Loneliness can come from many places. For me, it as working from home as a programmers. Some people referred to my office as the dungeon... I just worked there, did as I was told. Anyway...) I want you to know that I am listening and if you want to chat, I am here.

Tim

Billyc
Community Member

Hi passing by,

welcome, and welldone for reaching out,

Takes a lot of courage to reach out,

whats going on?