FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling Lost

grlmummy
Community Member

I'm a mum to 2 girls. They have been my life. I've never been happily married so I've devoted my life to my kids. Last year one of them turned 15 and I've been in a downward spiral since. I'd noticed things weren't the same with her, I wasn't needed. I know I can't live through her but I'm really struggling. My routines are completely shot, I no longer have interest in the things I used to. I'm not motivated. I just dont know what to do...I'm so lost. I feel without her I don't have a life.

2 Replies 2

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome grimummy,

Thanks for sharing your story honestly.

I had a chaotic marriage too and when my marriage ended and children were in late teens.

i I felt lost as they seemed to feel for their dad because the felt he needed their help and I didn’t. 
i am not sure how to help but I understand.

Do you any paid or volunteer work or do you have a hobby or passion you have not  explored. Doing something  you like doing may help  you.

You will find that will always need you . You have built a strong foundation and they will reach out when the need to. 

RainbowCuddle
Community Member

Hi there, I am a mum to 2 kids too. I haven't been happy with my marriage but me and my husband work together as a team to get things done. I agree with suggestions of looking at things like volunteer work, a hobby or a passion. I joined up and did free online exercise and I take my neighbour's dog for a walk (sometimes with the kids) to get away for a bit. The most important thing is to find some time for you!