FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling lost

Hope18
Community Member
From last few months I have been having health issues, my family who are overseas are unwell and I don't know if I really want to do the job I am doing. I don't feel like working but I can't leave my job as I need to pay bills n mortgage. My work is very supportive and I have reached out to EAP but still don't know why I am feeling sooo lost. Don't know what to do, don't want to go out of the house. All I want is to escape n hide somewhere. I have a husband and a kid so it is practically not possible.

I just feel something wrong will happen any minute. I feel very emotional and cry very often. I don't know what to do.
2 Replies 2

PeteC23
Community Member

Hey Hope18

Hope you're ok.

I read your post and can relate on so many levels. I also live with the feeling of impending doom. I want to crawl under a rock and stay there for a while.

It's tough, but what's helping me is just taking things hour by hour. Things seem more manageable that way.

Hope you have an 'okay' day

Pete

amberlite
Community Member
Hi and thanks for sharing, I hope in some small way you can find a moment of comfort. Maybe prayer maybe deep breathing. These feelings are horrible to have but they will change and reduce. It's most unlikely anything bad will happen, it is just a bad thought and it has no real power in your life. Please keep posting because there are others online who are so much better at helping than I am. You and your family are in my prayers tonight. Peace to you and yours.