FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Falling fast and scared

4menow
Community Member

I'm new and don't really know how all this works. I suffer chronic depression and anxiety. Normally my medication keeps everything under control but right now.it's not. My husband is facing mid range first offence drink driving charges here in Queensland and despite speaking with 2 lawyers who said we don't need legal help and he will just get a fine and lose his licence for 3-6 months it's not helping my mental health at all.

I work as a disability/aged care support worker so am expected to always be happy and take care of others.

Right nowI'm not right. My boss had me doing case assessments on clients that were hard to reason with becauseI get positive outcomes.

This is my hell time of year whenI'm over sensitive as well and right nowI'm scared.

My 16 year old is using pot to deal with everything and it feels like my life is falling apart around me.

I just wish the world would stop spinning and let me off.

2 Replies 2

4menow
Community Member
I give up. Maybe there is no hope for me even here. The pain will never end.

Marie_W
Community Member

Hi 4menow,

First of all, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and thank you for sharing a little bit of your story with us.

I am wondering how things have been for you since writing this post?

It sounds like there is so much going on for you at the moment. I'm really hearing how overwhelmed and hopeless you are feeling. You mentioned you were scared as well - is it okay to ask a little more about what you are feeling scared of? You may not be able to put your finger on it, and that's OK too.

One thing I noticed from your post is that it seems like you are caring for a lot of other people - your husband while he goes through this legal matter, worrying about your son and his recent use of marijuana, and also the nature of your job which requires caring for clients. That must be an enormous amount of pressure on you.

I understand that depression and anxiety is something that you have been struggling with for a while now. So I'm wondering what things you have done in the past that may have worked to help manage the depression/anxiety? I also just wanted to reassure you that while things seem really dark right now, things can get better.

Looking forward to hearing from you if you would like to reply.

- Marie (: