FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Emotions have done a runner.

Patsygirl_
Community Member

Hi!

A big Thankyou to everyone who takes a moment to read this. My emotions have left me.....A couple of weeks now. Pretty much just going through the motions. I'm tired, I don't want to even look at my boyfriend. I just feel dull. I don't want to go to a Dr at this moment. I use to run years ago and felt amazing, going to drag myself out and get moving. Also put the woebot app on my phone.

I'm nearly 49 so it's gonna be a slow journey back to atleast a jog. Looking forward to it.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

The first thought that ran through my head as I read your post was many years ago I was very motivated and positive but couldn't move from my seat. I was frozen there. Then about 30 minutes passed and I was able to rise and get on with things.

What I realised then was we depressed humans sometimes need to wait for our motivation to arrive. We also need our partners to take this delay into account and wait for us to contact them, during that time any contact needs to be of a basic supporting role like a kind text or a pat on the shoulder, a cuppa without talk if need be.

I hope you pick up and eventually seek medical help. In the meantime the firsat post of the following could also assist you.

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/depression/depression-and-the-timing-of-moti...

TonyWK

Well you've definitely hit the nail on the head re motivation. I make art which is also part of my income. I need to do it as well...so it keeps me sane and also pays the bills, so lots of motivation there but yes I'll just sit and it doesn't happen, until it most definitely does.

Thankyou for your insight.

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi there,

I just wanted to say I know how you feel....to be stuck...but still want to do things...so frustrating. I know you don't want to at the moment, but seeing a doctor really helped me, and it could help you too - when you're ready.

Slow and steady steps will get you there. Do not rush.

Jaz xx

Patsygirl_
Community Member
Thankyou so much Jaz for your reply.