FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

DSP Rejection

Anonnnn
Community Member
We're all hopefully aware that the DSP is allocated not due to the necessity of one according to need, but rather due to budgetary or political restraints. As such due to my rejection, despite medical recommendation. Why shouldn't I just go mental and start causing more damage monetarily than it would take to kick me to a corner and pay for my rent and food. That's all I want, to subsist at least. Is it so much to ask to exist?
4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Hi Anonnnn,

Welcome to the forum and we hope you can find the support you’re looking for you here. It sounds like you are in a difficult spot with DSP and your support. We appreciate you sharing your perspective with us here today. We can hear that you are quite frustrated with your situation.

If you’d like to speak to someone about your circumstances or to have some space to explore your feelings, we recommend speaking to our Beyond Blue Support Service. Our counsellors  are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport . They can provide you with a compassionate place to explore solutions or supports around your situation.

Thank you again for reaching out tonight and welcome again.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Anonnnn, maybe the government are just as confused as everybody else, not sure during these lockdowns as there are many people suffering from this virus and not sure whether the situation they are put in, is because of being locked up, or whether it's a genuine case.

It doesn't help you if you had been applying for DSP before COVID took control, I'm sorry.

Geoff.

Anonnnn
Community Member
I dont think the government is confused. They require a lot of evidence proving an ongoing ailment, and take a lot of time processing claims. I have found that in recent years when I have made an application, that at every point you are told that even if you deserve it you may not receive DSP. That wait times are massive and that essentially you have to put up with it. I think that the way this is done is wrong and lacking in compassion, especially given some of the stories I've heard from cases worse than mine.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Anonnnn, you could try the Federal member in your area with copies of the doctor's reports.

Geoff.