FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Dont know who to reach out or how to get help.

AnotherSoul
Community Member

Hello everyone. First time posting here, not really sure were to start it has always been really hard for me to express what is going inside my mind. As background been in Australia for the last 7 years and can call my self an Aussie now. I have always been alone, I mean even when I was in school didnt really had any close friends, didnt really had a tight family and don’t have any close family other than my fiance. I feel that may be I might be having a persistent depression or dont know if I might be like Asperger or something. I don’t remember the last time I feel fully happy. I dont know how or to whom or what help can I get to actually find out what happen with me. Sometimes, I cannot even sleep well because of being anxious thinking about death and that one day wont open my eyes again and then my heart goes racing and try to stay awake. My birthday is coming in this month and for year of course got no one to celebrate it other than my fiancé or my parents.

I dont think I am a bad person, nor a bad friend, but feel like a failure not having friends to care about me or just to talk about stuff. so, my question is, how do I know what is happening with me and how can I get help?

Thanks if you reading my message and wish you a good day.

5 Replies 5

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Another Soul,

Wellcome to our forums!

Thank you for reaching out to us….

Im sorry you are feeling this way….

The best place to start in getting help is to make an appointment with your gp let your gp know how you have been feeling and how feeling like this affects your life……. You can do a mental health plan with your gp this will enable you to see a psychologist who will be able to help you with many things….

Please don’t feel like a failure for not having many friends the right people will come into your life at the right time.

We are all here on this forum as a community to support you.

Hang in there

I’m here to chat

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey,

I am really sorry about what you are going through. It seems really hard.

Firstly, welcome to the beyond blue forums and thank you for ranting.

It looks like you may be going through anxiety. Talking to a psychologist can really help with that. There are a range of therapies like Cognitive Behavioural therapy.

There is one thing my dad taught me ever since I was a little girl: Friends come and go but family always stays. The thing is, I never listened but he was exactly right. Don't think you are a failure because you don't have any friends. The right ones will come at the right time 🙂

Also, Happy belated birthday. I hope you have an amazing day.

Stay safe and chat if you need!

Thanks so much for your kind reply. It means a world to me that someone is there to try to help me out. I feel that I am carrying the world on my shoulders many times and also have other different concerns as my fiancé as well is not keeping well, latently he has also been developing some depression and as I dont know what to do feel even a bit more list. Will try to get an appointment to my GP and ask for the plan so they can help me out.

Have a good day!

That’s ok Another Soul happy to support you 😊

Im sorry your fiancé isn’t doing well either….. I’d encourage your fiancé to visit the gp aswell…

Please make your appointment to visit your gp it will be the first step towards your recovery, your gp will understand….

I went through a severe mental health condition in my life…my gp was my first point of call towards my recovery im now recovered thanks to the help of health professionals….. take the first step it will change your life… 😊

We are all here as a community to support you and your fiancée….

Please feel free to chat to us anytime…

Im here to chat

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi AnotherSoul,

Don't put too much on your shoulder, you have certain self-awareness, and you've started to look for help, this means A LOT. This means you're on the right track. I think it's totally right to come to your GP for a plan and/or a referral to the psychologist.

There're something more I'd like to share:

1. Find a time, sit down, take a pen and paper, think deeply and write down a list of things which make you happy and unhappy. Especially for things making you happy, not necessary to be big things (e.g. finding your life purpose), it can be daily little things (having a walk in the morning and then hum a song while taking a shower). Once you write them down, you'll find that this process of improving self-awareness is healing, and will bring you more sense of control. It works for me and I hope it works for you too.

2. If you want to expand your social network, it's easier to approach the groups of people who‘s caring without asking anything in return. For example if you're Christian you can go to a church, if you have other religions find relative organizations. Or, try to be a volunteer, use your strength to help people, start with easy jobs. Your peers in these groups are more likely to be willing to listen, share and help.

3. I'm not sure if you have stress at work, if this is one of your major challenges, you can share your story. We'll see how we can help.

Warmly,

Mark