FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Don’t know where I’m at! Sometimes writing helps me.

Aircraft_maintenance_man
Community Member
A cruel joke
A struggle, screaming in silence, waiting to be heard
Tortured by his very soul
Crippled,emotionally stifled
On the brink, walking a laser beam focused on disappointment.
Blinded by despair, outstretched arms ignored, amongst a crowd no one around.
Encased in his own dimension,a facade of humour and strength, the lived lie barely contained. Understanding his own psyche is his prison.
He doesn’t know what he wants,
A touch
Understanding
An end
Relief
7 Replies 7

Peppermintbach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Aircraft maintenance man,

What beautiful prose (or is it poetry?)...I could feel your loneliness, longing for connection, pangs of disconnectionn/“otherness” and feelings of being trapped and overwhelmed...

Thank you for sharing a special piece of your heart with us here...I felt so much pain in your words. If there’s anything else you would like to share, we are here reading along and would love to be able to support you...

Kind and caring thoughts,

Pepper

Wazowski
Community Member
Hi Aircraft maintenance man,

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful poetry with us. Creativity can be a great way to express your inner most feelings and thoughts, and it seems like it is a great outlet for you. I hear strong feelings of isolation and loneliness in your words, and I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I just want to let you know that we are here for you, and willing to provide support anytime you need.

You mentioned maybe wanting relief oran end to the pain. If you are having feelings of suicide, it is important to tell someone about it to keep safe. You can always call Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Callback Service (1300 659 467). They are great services who are willing to listen 24/7.

Take care,
Wazowski

Thanks Pepper,

this is my first step and For some reason I agonised over posting it. I hate to accept that these are my own feelings. It is with relief that it is met with such kind words.

Thank you

Thank you so much! Posting was a big step. It’s unusual to be listened to with understanding

Aircraft man, this is my first post and I don't know what to say. Just wanted to say I know how you feel, but hang in there. I don't know what you are going through but I hope things look up for you.

I am also anxious about making my post, I've felt like I've never opened up to anyone about my mental health problems to anyone before but I feel like I can here without being judged.

Aircraft maintenance man, and BlueBanana

Welcome to the forum.

It is hard writing ones first post, how much do you say, how much do you write where will you post?

Aircraft maintenance man, you choose your words carefully and write with such feeling.

I like your words a façade of humour and strength, I can relate to that.

BlueBanana well done for using your first post to offer support and understanding to another.

You can post on other threads or start your won thread if you feel comfortable in doing so.

Welcome to you both again.

Quirky

Cheers BB! This seems to be the place to get this stuff out! I hope we all find the answers we are looking for 👍🏻