FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Can one have too much BeyondBlue?

SubduedBlues
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I've been noticing of late,  that I am devoting a lot of my time to the BeyondBlue forum. 

It is the first thing I check when I get up in the morning,  and the last thing I do before I go to sleep. 
I wonder: can someone have too much BeyondBlue? 
Ps: I also check it on my mobile whenever I get a free moment. 

18 Replies 18

Hi Dools

I originally started this thread because I was on the BB forum 3-4 times a day. And I was concerned that I might become lost to the cyber world and disconnected from my reality. As it turns out the BB forum was just what I needed. It saved me.

Lately I haven't had a thread to comment on, and my Facebook has also been empty.  So Dools, I'm happy that people are posting here again and it's now a little bit brighter in my world of doom and gloom. 

Thanks,  you've made my week. 🙂

D'

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi JO,

Thanks for your message. BPD can mess with your head at times! I know I have people who think about me and care for me, but that part of my illness tries to tell me I don't!

I did have a good day yesterday. Our Church had a fund raiser in the morning so I enjoyed helping out with that and chatting with people. Had a few laughs as well, so that is always good. I was asked if I wanted to volunteer some time in an op shop the church is now going to be running, so that will be another opportunity to meet new people, be with people and have a bit of a fun too I guess.

My husband and I went to the footy, something I haven't done for many years. We left home at 12.30 for a 7.00 p.m. game, so it was good to be out of the house all day and do something different. We went with friends so that was nice too.

I hope you had a good day too Jo. Thanks again for your posts. I will always appreciate hearing from you! All the best to you,

From Dools.

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey D'

I will talk to you anytime.  Just send me a post and I will chat.

Hope you're feeling okay today

Going for a quick walk with a friend now but will come back on later

Jo

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Dools

Sometimes it's hard when we have BPD because I think that I look for someone to talk to. It sure does mess with our heads.

I'm happy to read that you had a good day yesterday with the church and that you also enjoyed the footy with your husband. 

Take care

Jo

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I will admit I haven't been here of late because I've been finding it a bit too intense and triggering. I think sometimes it's helpful to know when you use something as a support and when it becomes a crutch and an excuse to not do something that will actually help you more, like - in my case - going outside, going into town, following up that friend for a coffee. I've spent entire weekends at home lately not going out the door at all from Friday to Monday, and while I know that is a symptom of not feeling the best, when we have depression and live with it all our lives, we have to constantly be vigilant and make an effort to maintain our health, otherwise it becomes a slippery slope.

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the posts. I had a quick skim through a book I bought on BPD and saw some personality traits highlighted for people with BPD and I thought, oh yer, I recognise that in me!

Having a diagnosis for what was going on in my head was a big help to me. As I have forgotten a lot of the information and ideas on how to help myself, it must be about time for a re-read and a reminder of helpful attitudes and techniques.

Wishing you all the best with your friendships and encounters with others. Cheerio, from Dools.  

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Dools

What is the name of the book? 

Jo

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jo,

The book I have is called "Borderline Personalities for Dummies", you know, one of many books written out in a certain style covering all kinds of topics. Apart from the "for Dummies" bit it is a good book.

I had another excellent book on BPD which I leant to someone and never received it back again. If you are close to a library you may be able to ask them to get books in for you. Unfortunately I don't recall the name of the other book.

Hope you can find something to help you Jo.

All the best, from Dools.

Neil_1
Community Member

Dear all

A very good thread and some excellent responses.

I think as we are all mostly adult, we perhaps have the nouse to know if we're overdoing something too much and as a result, I know that a few people have made the concious decision to ease themselves off of this site - and hey, there's no dramas about that at all.

We all suffer, so we're alike in that respect, but overall, everyone is different - fingerprints and tongue prints stand testimony to that.  🙂

I've begun to ramble, so all I'll finish with here is that Jo:  you are a legend and the posts that you provide to others are fantastic.  I say this also as you are in the deep valley of darkness yourself, but you still have that amazing inner strength to call on and reach out to others.  So post and post away all the time Jo - a very much valued member of the Beyond Blue family.

As indeed is everyone here and if I can just say one other thing to whoever is reading:    if you are able to 'REACH OUT' to others who come to this site, seeking assistance, comfort, a kind word, or support - then please do so.  The more people we have responding to others, the better.

That is just another thing that I love about this site so much.  So many wonderful people.

Cheers

Neil