FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Can I still reply to a post that has been locked and moved to another thread

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Chris

Can I still reply to a post that you have locked under Depression?

Jo

4 Replies 4

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Jo,

No you can't if it's been locked. I will have explained why I have locked it at the bottom of the thread. 

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Chris,

I did read why you locked it and I understand that; it's just that I wanted to reply to one person's post who was replying back to me, but I guess I can't, which is disappointing because that person will now think I didn't want to reply back.

Jo

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Jo,

I addressed everyone in that thread and said you can continue the discussion in the other thread which contained similar content.

One of our community rules is that we don't allow posts that repeat the same content in multiple places - it's confusing, and it is unfair on other users as multiple threads about the same or similar topic take up space for others that are wanting to have their threads read and responded to. 

We have many new members joining every day and it's important that everyone gets a fair go.

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thanks Chris for letting me know.

I am sorry if I caused a problem or issue. I will check from now on that I don't start a new thread if I have one already with similar content.

Jo