FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Burnout

Sociocracy
Community Member

Hi folks..listening to the radio (ABC) the other day, I was introduced to a line of enquiry, regarding why so many people are feeling exhausted and finding it SO hard to do basics. Little own broader social engagement. BURNOUT. Fair Dinkum I’m so pooped. There’s so many things I could and need to do, (like brush my teeth) that’s so hard. Feel like I’m dragging around 40 kilos. I curse the smallest stuff and the biggest. Very negative view. It’s a bit like symptoms of depression..But I’m worn out by circumstance…over time.

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Hi Sociocracy, 

We are so glad that you've taken a big step in sharing here. We hope you find some comfort in telling your story and hearing from the lovely community members, many of whom will be able to relate to what you’ve been through.  

If you ever want to talk this through with one of the Beyond Blue counsellors, feel free to give us a call on 1300 22 4636, or reach out through Online Chat here.  

Thank you for sharing this and giving this community a chance to offer you their understanding and advice. We’re here to listen and offer support, and you never know how your story might help someone else.  

Kind regards,  

Sophie M 

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sociocracy

I feel so tired too but out it down to long covid. You are nit alone.m

I relate to burnout. 

MelonGrace
Community Member

Hi Sociocracy,

I totally understand that feeling. I feel like I keep being pressured (often I'm doing that to myself) to do more and more but I physically and mentally cant. I try my hardest but like you even the little things can feel so hard. I'm not sure I can offer good advice on the subject of burnout but just wanted to say you aren't alone. 

On The Road
Community Member

Hi Sociocracy, sorry you are feeling this way. You are definitely not alone, I've been feeling quite similar recently... sometimes it's so frustrating that I feel like everything is a pet peeve to me...  When I was deep in my depression rut, basic things like showering, room cleaning etc were unmanageable... I hope you are not being emotionally too hard on yourself... feel free to share more, and vent it out, we're here to listen