FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Argos Z

Argos_Z
Community Member

I'm a new person who would love some support right now, but as a 65 yo who has managed mental and physical ill health all my life, I don't want to discourage other people or tread on their hope by talking about my issues. As an older person, one of the few remaining roles and influences I have in the world is to support my children, grandchildren and others to remain hopeful for change individually, and globally. Yet, I feel my own life has gone full circle, and there is not much more I am able to do, mentally or physically, and very little has changed on that journey. The journey for the journey's sake is no longer appealing. I anticipated I might face such a dilemma as I grew older - that doesn't mean I want to work through it...I'm tired of the constant "work". I was born "philosophizing" but I have no one to talk to on these subjects.

3 Replies 3

amberlite
Community Member
Hello Argo, I like your post, the truth is never wrong and I think you will be rewarded for your posted.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Argos

I am a similar age to you and at a similar place in life

I suppose I know how tiring it can be still addressing mental physical health issues.

I like to philosophise so feel free to chat here.

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

A warm welcome to a natural born philosopher 🙂

Can't help but wonder how old you grandchildren are. The reason I wonder is based on my belief that young people need philosophers in their life. Most of us start out full of wonder and questions, until a lot of that's conditioned out of us. To have an adult wonder with us and question life with us is like being given a gift, the gift of being allowed and even encouraged to continue wondering and questioning. I believe young people have a lot to teach us too. I always try to keep an open mind to the true brilliance of this generation. They have so much to offer yet it seems there are few leaders out there to guide them in amazing and empowering ways.

I love triggering a sense of wonder in people. If you're the same, I can imagine how much joy you must get from witnessing the expression on a person's face when they meet with sudden revelation. Mind altering life changing revelations are so energising at times. If I had my sense of wonder taken away from me, I can honestly say I'm not sure how I'd survive, it means that much to me.

Do you find, as a philosopher, you don't seem to have a lot of wonderful (wonder full) people around you? Do you feel this could possibly be your purpose in life, to trigger people to begin questioning the nature of life? I've found that if there's one thing young people love discussing, it's the topic of 'reality'. It seems to be quite a fascinating topic these days. As a mum of an 18yo gal and a 16yo guy, we have very amusing conversations when it comes to this topic. Most of their friends are the same, have a fascination with it. My nieces, in their 20s, were pretty shocked not too long ago when I asked them if they ever question the nature of reality. They were shocked because they find there are not a lot of older people who raise the topic for discussion. They were very enthusiastic regarding the conversation.

So, how do you feel about triggering more people, to wonder? Do you know who you'd start with out of the people you know? Who do you know who just loves wondering but never really gets the chance to do a lot of it? Whose imagination would you like to trigger first? Imagination is such an incredibly powerful thing.

🙂