FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anyone awake???

Wilba
Community Member
Hi new to the forum usual stuff of can't sleep after a rough day just wondering if anyone is around?
22 Replies 22

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Wilba, thanks for joining the site and yes, I'm awake and would love to hear from you.

Geoff.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Wilba ,

welcome to the site and glad you joined. We are listening . I know that feeling of not being able to sleep. If you want you can tell us about your rough day.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Wilba,

I was awake when I saw your post, very, very early this morning. I had just logged off, because I had to go to bed, simply had to, so sorry I am not replying until now.

I'd like to welcome you, & please, could you tell us some more about what has you up so late?

mmMekitty

Wilba
Community Member
Thanks guys sorry I can't work out how to reply to all of you

Sigh it's a long long story basically had a point in my life where I just wanted to die things fell apart with everyone I know and I feel/am totally alone then and still unfortunately one of the people I thought was a friend just wasn't and a nasty situation ended in restraining orders against them the orders ended last month the harassment has started again instantly

I can feel myself going back to that point where I just feel everyone in my family would be better off without me this would stop without me to hate they would leave the people I love alone I'm so totally exhausted but can't sleep can't stop my brain or the dreams

Wilba
Community Member
And now I work it out

Hope you guys got some 😴 got about half an hr woke up with crazy dreams

Hi  Wilba,

We are so sorry to hear about what you're going through; it sounds like it has been a tough time. Thank you for being part of our forums, it takes a lot of courage and strength strength to reach out for support and we are so glad that you have done so. We hope that you can get some support here, the community will be here to listen and chat with you. You can also reach out to Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline 13 11 14.  We have sent you a private email so that we can support you further.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Wilba. Are you in a safe place? That must be your first consideration.

If you need help with that, call 1800 737 732

Or in immediate danger call 000

I would hate for you to do anything that would 'let them win', & be devastating to your family. I'm sure there is a better solution.

Here for you.

mmMekitty

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi and welcome to the forums.

I hope you will come back to share of your story. know that you are special and important to the people in this community. It would be so distressing to have to deal with the harassment again.

also, please do not feel as though you have to respond to each person individually.

there are also many places on the forums here you can go to ... read others stories, engage in the social section and play a game there. We look after each other here.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Wilba, when we begin to feel this way, sometimes our friends say the strangest comments we weren't expecting that may place a wedge between us, and an intervention order needs to be taken out.

When the time for this to end comes along, it can be taken out once again, simply because they have started doing what they weren't allowed to do previously, so take out another order.

You can't have this person continually doing this because it will certainly affect you.

Hope to hear back from you.

Geoff.