FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety

Helen_A
Community Member
Hi i am new to the forum
11 Replies 11

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Helen, welcome to the forums.

Great to have you with us and if there is anything that is on your mind please let us know as there are many people that have all types of anxiety issues too, as I'm one of them.

My best.

Geoff.

Helen_A
Community Member

Thank you kindly As i am new i am still unsure of when its the right time to talk about what is going on

I am so greatfull to have wonderful people around.

Hi Helen

I would like to also Welcome you to the forums as Geoff has done above

The forums are a safe and non judgemental place for you to post. I have had chronic anxiety for a long time and take meds so I can have some peace in my life with my ongoing counseling

I really hope you can stick around the forums (when and if you want to) 🙂

You are welcome to elaborate on your situation when you are comfortable doing so

my kind thoughts

Paul

Jill_G
Community Member

Hi Helen

Welcome to the group. ..hope you are ok. I to have been suffering from anxiety and found talking and sharing feelings without judgment has been really helpful.Take care

Helen_A
Community Member

Thank you all who have replied

i have had anxiety for 2 years and the past year I lost my father its has been a very hard year.

There are days when its extremely hard.

I was on medication and decided to stop taking them the past month i have days where I'm constantly thinking about my father.

Linacruise1467
Community Member
Hey welcome to the forum, I am also new here.

Hi Lina

welcome ☺

Jill_G
Community Member

Hi Helen hope you are ok. I got anxiety just out of the blue about 8 months ago abd really struggled with all the different symptoms it brought on especially nausea abd gagging everyday. Ive been seeing a physcologist which seems to help me cope better . Im sorry to hear about your father.Anxiety is really awful lm still trying to understand it but it has got better in time. Take care

Hi Helen

Thank you for the kind posts to everyone 🙂 Hope you are doing okay....My dad Raymond passed away in November 2016 and I feel your pain.....and it hurts....big time

Thankyou heaps JillG, Linacruise1467 for helping supporting Helens thread topic

I have had chronic anxiety for a few years and it does get a bit easier with frequent counseling...Our GP's can be a huge help when we need help too.....Making a double appointment can be a smart move so we can heal more effectively

The forums are a safe and non judgemental place to post. Everyone's well being and privacy is paramount to Beyond Blue

you are not alone

my kind thoughts

Paul