FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Am I signed in? My Alcohol/drug support worker recomennded I try beondblue as I'm on my way to a lengthy jail sentence

Rod_04
Community Member

I have no idea if if spent the last hour cursing at this phone or the site. I'm finding it difficult to um..navigate. I need help, I was ready to check out now im feeling worse. Why do they make it so difficult to ask for help? I'm one of luck ones that learnt to type. Most blokes my age refuse to learn so ,where would they go.

I'm at a loss why people hold beondblue so high when an year 10 educated man finds a big pot of nothing just like rest of gov run bandaids. 

6 Replies 6

Sophie_M
Hey Rod,

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble navigating our site. Please know you are not alone in this experience as others have also raised similar concerns. Fortunately, the forums will be receiving an update to hopefully resolve some of these issues. 

To get started on the forums, we'd recommend reading our FAQ page here: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/welcome-and-orientation/the-forum-faq-threa...

We'd also like to let you know that our Support Service is trying to reach out to you via email as we are worried about you.

Please feel free to share more about yourself and what brings you to the forums.

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Rod 04

Yes, it is difficult to navigate. I hear your frustration. We’re glad you found us though. We’re a pretty friendly bunch and happy to chat about whatever is on your mind.

Please do call the support lines if it’s all overwhelming. Otherwise, love to hear more from you. Katy

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Rod, welcome to the site and n it's not particularly easy if you haven't been on a site like this because everywhere you want to go doesn't provide you with the support you are looking for, but now you're on, let's hope you can build on your thread.

That's one issue you're having trouble with, the other one is, as you say, going to jail for a lengthy sentence, and if you would like we'd like to hear a bit more about this, and your comments don't need to be long, just as what you are able to do, as we understand your problem.

There is counselling available when you are in prison and it's free, but firstly if we can get connected now, we'd love to hear back from you.

Geoff.

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Rod 04,

It must be very hard for you, I'm so sorry to hear about your challenges.

But it's good that you have a support worker. I guess you have complex life challenge and turn to alcohol/drug for easing the pain. Usually, if you still capable to navigate and access different resources for help, the support worker will just refer you the resources and encourage you to contact by yourself. But if you feel it's too hard for you, they should also be able to do something more for you, which is, to help you contact difference resource and arrange necessary meetings. If you have such need, please do not hesitate to let your support worker know.

Also, I fully agree with Katyonthehamsterwheel, that if you feel overwhelming, or have an idea of harming yourself, please to not hesitate to give a call to beyond blue hotline immediately. If you feel even worse, please call CATT (the crisis assessment and treatment team, like triple zero in mental health), this link of CATT should be helpful: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/crisis-management

Warmly,

Mark

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Rod 04,

Wellcome to our forums!

Sorry to hear you may have a lengthy jail sentence…. I understand… it can be distressing for you at this time if it’s your first time going to jail… sometimes not knowing what to expect..

We are all a kind, understanding and caring group of lovely people in this community….. please chat to us anytime..

Im here to chat

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Rod, interested to know how you are getting on.

Best wishes.

Geoff.